Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #501

Post by myth-one.com »

Capbook wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:47 am
myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:17 pm [Replying to Capbook in post #493]

I believe that Jesus' death is what will save us, if we accept it. There is no reason to think that his death does not save us.

Yes there is!!

Jesus was a man:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

And it is appointed unto all men to die once:

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, . . . (Hebrews 9:27)

Jesus' death was His first appointed death.

The wages for mankind's sin is the second death -- not the first:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8)

Jesus did not pay the wages for our sins by dying His first appointed death. All of us will still die our first death! The wages of sin is the second death!

A human sacrifice is not what saves us. Jesus lived a sinless life and qualified as an heir to everlasting life under the Old Testament Covenant. He then offers His inheritance of everlasting life to those who believe in Him as their Savior under the New Testament Covenant:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

Salvation is thanks to a gift of God through Jesus Christ, not due to a human sacrifice.
If Jesus is a man. How do you understand Mark 7:7.
And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'(NKJV)

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Mark 7:7)

Prior to Jesus' death, the only path to everlasting life under the Old Testament was to never sin, as the wages is death. So worshiping Jesus while He was alive was in vain in regards to gaining everlasting life.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #502

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God since the scripture which cannot be broken, Identifies Him as the First and the Last, which can only be attributed to God. In Rev 22 Jesus identifies Himself thusly Rev 22:12-13

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

We know the I come quickly refers to Jesus and second coming, then He Identifies Himself in Vs 13,

Now this Attribute belongs only to God from the Book of Isaiah 44:6

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #503

Post by Capbook »

I believe that Jesus' death is what will save us, if we accept it. There is no reason to think that his death does not save us.
Accept and believe it. Eph 2:8-10.

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #504

Post by Capbook »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:40 pm
Capbook wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 am
myth-one.com wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 pm
cleopas wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:15 pm [Replying to Brightfame52 in post #10]

“We know that the “wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23) and our lord Jesus supposedly ransomed sinners from death. ‘For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.’ (Mark 10:45) BUT ‘No one who may have been set apart for death among men shall be ransomed; he shall surely be put to death.’(Leviticus 27:29)” According to scripture, Jesus could not ransom you from death.

Good post, cleopas!

Since all mankind is appointed once to die, Jesus' first appointed death is not what saves us. We still suffer our first appointed death. So the wages of sin is not our first death, but our second possible everlasting death upon being cast into the lake of fire:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8)

What saves us from our possible second death in the lake of fire is that Jesus lived a sinless human life under the Old Testament Covenant between God and the Israelites, and then offered His just inheritance of everlasting life earned under that covenant to those sinful humans who believe in Him as their Savior from the wages of their sins under the New Testament Covenant:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. (Romans 8:16-17)

What do believers inherit? Everlasting life:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

And upon inheriting everlasting life, we are immune to the second or any death!

Thus, under the New Testament Covenant, salvation is no longer linked to sin:

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Romans 6:14)

Salvation simply becomes a gift of God through Jesus Christ:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

And all we have to do is accept it! :D
May I know what should we accept to obtain salvation?

We become heirs unto salvation by accepting Jesus as our Saviour from the wages of our sins.
Accept and believe it. Eph 2:8-10.

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #505

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:45 am [Replying to Capbook in post #498]

Jesus WAS a man--a perfect man--when he was on Earth. He is much more than a man. He is God's Son and now is in heaven, "the one alone having immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom not one of men has seen or can see." (I Timothy 6:16)
If Jesus is a man, can you explain Mark 7:7?
Mark 7:7
And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'(NKJV)

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #506

Post by Capbook »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:53 pm
Capbook wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:47 am
myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 pm

Yes there is!!

Jesus was a man:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

And it is appointed unto all men to die once:

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, . . . (Hebrews 9:27)

Jesus' death was His first appointed death.

The wages for mankind's sin is the second death -- not the first:

Jesus did not pay the wages for our sins by dying His first appointed death. All of us will still die our first death! The wages of sin is the second death!

A human sacrifice is not what saves us. Jesus lived a sinless life and qualified as an heir to everlasting life under the Old Testament Covenant. He then offers His inheritance of everlasting life to those who believe in Him as their Savior under the New Testament Covenant:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

Salvation is thanks to a gift of God through Jesus Christ, not due to a human sacrifice.
If Jesus is a man. How do you understand Mark 7:7.

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Mark 7:7)

Prior to Jesus' death, the only path to everlasting life under the Old Testament was to never sin, as the wages is death. So worshiping Jesus while He was alive was in vain in regards to gaining everlasting life.
May I know what verse that salvation in the OT was to never sin?
And what verse does say that worshiping Jesus can gain everlasting life?
Also what verse that say worshiping Jesus while still alive is in vain?
Matthew 28:17-18
And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.(KJV)

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #507

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God since He is being addressed as the Almighty here Rev 11:17-18

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Now the wrath here is none other than that of the Lamb, which is Christ Rev 6:16-17

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Now back in Rev 11:17 it says speaking of Christ "because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned"

And we know Christ has been reigning throughout this dispensation from this scripture 1 Cor 15:23-25

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he[Christ] must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

So this proves that the Lord God almighty of Rev 11:17 is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ !

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #508

Post by Brightfame52 »

Jesus is God by Jobs inspired Testimony, in that he will yet see God when He stands upon the earth in the last day,

Job 19:25-26

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

It wont be the Father that will stand at the latter day upon the earth, that's the Son !

onewithhim
Savant

Post #509

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 am Jesus is God since He is being addressed as the Almighty here Rev 11:17-18

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Now the wrath here is none other than that of the Lamb, which is Christ Rev 6:16-17

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Now back in Rev 11:17 it says speaking of Christ "because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned"

And we know Christ has been reigning throughout this dispensation from this scripture 1 Cor 15:23-25

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he[Christ] must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

So this proves that the Lord God almighty of Rev 11:17 is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ !
No the verses in Revelation don't prove that Jesus is God. The Alpha and Omega is God, the Father, not Jesus. The Father never died, and He is Almighty. Your premise is not proven in any sense of the word. And the book of Revelation was given to Jesus by God, so most everything is coming from Jehovah's mouth. He of course would assert that He is the One spoken of at Rev. 11:17.
'
And surely you noticed that Christ gives back the Kingdom to "his God and Father" and puts himself in subjection to God, the Father, so that God will be all things to everyone. How does that show that Jesus is God?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #510

Post by Brightfame52 »

@onewithhim
No the verses in Revelation don't prove that Jesus is God.
Yes they do, you cant understand it.