Religulous

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

spl0uf

Religulous

Post #1

Post by spl0uf »

Bill Maher has an upcoming documentary about religions called Religulous, coming out some time in November I think, whose trailer you can find on youtube.

A question to Christians or followers of any other religion: What do you think of the idea? Will you go see that documentary when it's released? If you plan to, are you afraid of what you might see? or what others might think when they see it? Could it somehow make you question your own faith?

Atheists: What do you think of the idea? Will you go see it?

Personally, as an atheist, I think it's about time someone made a documentary (there could be others I'm unaware of, though) on how absurd religious faiths and dogmas are, and I am definitely going to check it out when it's released. I'm probably going to love every minute of it and get a kick out of watching my best friend's reaction (he is a Muslim... God, I can't wait :whistle: ). And who knows, it might just knock some sense into him. Or any other person who believes in fairies, for that matter.

--spl0uf--

Thought Criminal
Banned
Banned

Re: Religulous

Post #2

Post by Thought Criminal »

spl0uf wrote: Atheists: What do you think of the idea? Will you go see it? [/b]

Personally, as an atheist, I think it's about time someone made a documentary (there could be others I'm unaware of, though) on how absurd religious faiths and dogmas are, and I am definitely going to check it out when it's released. I'm probably going to love every minute of it and get a kick out of watching my best friend's reaction (he is a Muslim... God, I can't wait :whistle: ). And who knows, it might just knock some sense into him. Or any other person who believes in fairies, for that matter.
Maybe it's about time, but he's not qualified to do it. To be quite frank, he's a clueless Libertarian who lacks the comprehension to analyze religion deeply enough to do more than score some cheap laughs.

TC

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Maher is funny as heck. I can't wait to see the movie.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin