You dinged his car

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

bigmrpig
Student

You dinged his car

Post #1

Post by bigmrpig »

You're parking at the grocery in a relatively tight space. When you open the door, you ding the car next to you. It's not a particularly nice car, but it's no Pinto either. Let's say something along the lines of a medium-high end sedan. Nothing too fancy. You look where it hit, and see what could be a mark, but could be nothing. You're not sure.

You go about doing your shopping and come back, being careful not to hit the car again. You pull out and get ready to leave, when a ray of light catches where you hit the door. Apparently it did make a mark. As you consider what to do, a seventeen year old male walks up and notices the ding. "Oh well," he says. "Dad'll pay for it. He's totally loaded." He opens the door and his annoyingly bouncy girlfriend hops in.

What this kid is doing at the grocery store, you have no idea. You know it was you that dinged the car, and that it didn't happen earlier. He's rubbing the exact spot your door hit his. Do you tell him you dinged his car, or let his rich dad pay the few bucks to buff it out?

Bekki659
Student

Post #11

Post by Bekki659 »

Its actually happened twice to me....

The first time, I was in a parking lot, and I opened the door, and left a very small dent in the next car over... I walked away :oops:
In my defense, I was a few years younger.... eh. Im ashamed of that choice.

The second time, I was driving my moms truck, and I had forgotten that it was so much bigger. I hit the car in front of me, but it left no mark. I kinda pretended that I didn't notice and went on with my grocery shopping :confused2:

But these days... I would probably leave my name and number, and if they noticed that there was a dent somewhere, and they had bothered to keep my info, I would pay for it to be fixed.

Humm... I got into a car accident the first year driving, come to think of it. The guy who assigned to the spot next to me scraped the crap outta the back of my bumper! He offered to pay for it, but I declined. I chose to leave it because it wasnt a big deal to me.