Catholics,baptists,pentecostals..who heads where?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

worship-your-mother-she-i
Apprentice

Catholics,baptists,pentecostals..who heads where?

Post #1

Post by worship-your-mother-she-i »

There are various christian groups like catholics,baptists,pentecostals etc.Each group views all other group as following the religion incorrectly.For example many catholics worship the idols of jesus and mary,whiole protestants call this as going against bible.Whereas catholics say their version is the true form of christianity.

So each group thinks it follows true christianity.Many groups like unitary christians,mormons,are not even considered as christians by many other group.So my questions for these groups are as follows

1.Please identify the group you belong to and say which other groups go to heavena dn which goes to hell.For example are unitary christians headed to heaven?Are mormons headed to heaven? etc.Or is it like that membership to any christian group is sufficent to reach heaven?also explain your answer please.

unprofitable servant
Apprentice

who goes where

Post #21

Post by unprofitable servant »

You just lost me, could you please explain your points a little more clearly.
Please tell me you're not trying to be funny?

What exactly did I lose you on?

The point that the scriptures do not say that any who die go to heaven or to hell?

Or that Jesus is warning you not to follow the doctrine of men?

Please tell me so I can be more clear

Dilettante
Sage

Post #22

Post by Dilettante »

Spiny Norman wrote:
All these stupid denominations. It's all semantics. I attend a church that says baptist on the outside, but our Pastor is basically non-denominational.
I beg to differ. Nothing is "all semantics". Besides, in this case there are important doctrinal differences. Of course we may conclude that those differences did not justify the wars of religion of the past, but the differences are still there. They probably always were (the early Christians had bitter disputes among themselves too). What is a "non-denominational" pastor anyway? One with whom more than one Protestant branch can identify? There is no such thing as "generic" or "mere" Christianity.

cubby54

Post #23

Post by cubby54 »

John 3:13 says it all...No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven–the Son of Man. This tells me that what we are being taught about going to heaven right after death is false...Only Jesus has ever been and gone to heaven!!!