higher power

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

BOE

higher power

Post #1

Post by BOE »

I'm sure there must be a religion out there that my views fit into , I do not study any religion so I'm not a follower of any , although this does not mean i don't believe in a higher being (god) . I don't think that the higher power will ever have any effect on any event or catastrophe on earth nor do I believe the higher power has any ointerest about what is going on around this planet whilest life is still here .

I beleive that the higher power created us in its own image , but I dont think h.p (higher power) has the form of a human nor do i believe h.p holds any form , what I think is we are all still a work in progress , that once everything that ever lived in every place ever created by h.p (the universe and maybe beyond who knows) has died so there is no life left anywhere , all the consiouness of everything that ever was alive at one time comes together with each individual bringing experiences emotions fealt and memories made whiles in their living states to form 1 single conciousness that will know everything there ever was to know and this end product will be the image of the higher power .. well thats my view anyway .

jpalmaer
Student

Re: higher power

Post #2

Post by jpalmaer »

BOE wrote: I'm sure there must be a religion out there that my views fit into , I do not study any religion so I'm not a follower of any , although this does not mean i don't believe in a higher being (god) . I don't think that the higher power will ever have any effect on any event or catastrophe on earth nor do I believe the higher power has any ointerest about what is going on around this planet whilest life is still here .

I beleive that the higher power created us in its own image , but I dont think h.p (higher power) has the form of a human nor do i believe h.p holds any form , what I think is we are all still a work in progress , that once everything that ever lived in every place ever created by h.p (the universe and maybe beyond who knows) has died so there is no life left anywhere , all the consiouness of everything that ever was alive at one time comes together with each individual bringing experiences emotions fealt and memories made whiles in their living states to form 1 single conciousness that will know everything there ever was to know and this end product will be the image of the higher power .. well thats my view anyway .
This is a mix of many beliefs that you can find around.
But the intro is very deistic, while you thereafter touch the Biblic genesis and add a portion of process theism. But after that I actually don't follow in detail.
But it seem like you're pretty close to panentheism or panendeism, with a portion of process thinking and mysterious-spritual thoughs about afterlife.
You can find more about this here;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife

Your idea is in some sentences very alike Process Philosophy, but deviate in that sentence that Process Philisophy count all experiences in the lifetime, while you counting minds in the afterlife.
You can find more about this here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_philosophy

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

I believe that much clarity about what you believe will come from examining thoroughly and honestly why you believe what you believe.
BOE wrote: I don't think that the higher power will ever have any effect on any event or catastrophe on earth nor do I believe the higher power has any interest about what is going on around this planet while life is still here .

Why do you believe that? How is a higher power that is not interested and not involved any different from a higher power that does not exist?
BOE wrote: I believe that the higher power created us in its own image ,

Why do you believe that? Is it a kind of collective narcissism that we have that we insist that the supernatural beings we invent must somehow be like us? What is it that you mean "in its own image"? You have already stated that we do not have the form of the higher power, so what exactly do you mean that we are like it? What is it that you know, or think that you know about this higher power? Why?
BOE wrote: Once everything that ever lived in every place ever created by h.p (the universe and maybe beyond who knows) has died so there is no life left anywhere , all the consiouness of everything that ever was alive at one time comes together with each individual bringing experiences emotions fealt and memories made whiles in their living states to form 1 single consciousness that will know everything there ever was to know and this end product will be the image of the higher power .. well thats my view anyway .
Is this a kind of science fiction fantasy, wishful thinking, a denial of the reality of death? Or do you have any basis whatsoever for this belief?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #4

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

BOE wrote: I beleive that the higher power created us in its own image
BOE wrote:I dont think h.p (higher power) has the form of a human nor do i believe h.p holds any form
Somehow the two don’t sit well together. What is the image that it created us in if it doesn’t have a form?

zombiefive
Student

Post #5

Post by zombiefive »

BOE wrote: I'm sure there must be a religion out there that my views fit into , I do not study any religion so I'm not a follower of any , although this does not mean i don't believe in a higher being (god) . I don't think that the higher power will ever have any effect on any event or catastrophe on earth nor do I believe the higher power has any ointerest about what is going on around this planet whilest life is still here .

I beleive that the higher power created us in its own image , but I dont think h.p (higher power) has the form of a human nor do i believe h.p holds any form , what I think is we are all still a work in progress , that once everything that ever lived in every place ever created by h.p (the universe and maybe beyond who knows) has died so there is no life left anywhere , all the consiousness of everything that ever was alive at one time comes together with each individual bringing experiences emotions fealt and memories made whiles in their living states to form 1 single conciousness that will know everything there ever was to know and this end product will be the image of the higher power .. well thats my view anyway .
What is the justification for such beliefs on consciousness? If you don't follow any religion then why do you think there is a higher power in the first place?

It seems you would be classified as maybe deist I guess but you put so much effort in coming up with all these 'tenets' instead of just saying "I don't know."