Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Darias
Guru

What Kind of Christian Are You? (Quiz)

Post #1

Post by Darias »

Hey guys,

I came across this quiz online. There are a bunch of multiple choice questions and at the end it tells you which type of Christian you are.
beliefnet.com wrote:What Kind of Christian Are You?

What kind of Christian are you? Does your faith resemble Joel Osteen? Billy Graham? Bishop Spong?

Answer these 21 questions on what you believe about the Bible, Jesus, prayer, and more, and discover your Christian identity. We don’t guarantee that you’ll be pleased with the results, but we promise you’ll have much to discuss with friends—and that you’ll be inspired to deepen your faith.
_____

SOURCE
  • ^ CLICK THE ABOVE LINK TO TAKE THE QUIZ*

My result was:
beliefnet.com wrote:You are A Bishop John Shelby Spong Christian

A.k.a. a Marcus Borg, Karen Armstrong Christian. Your Christian history begins with the Gospel of Thomas, or at least you'd like to include any and all ancient reports on Jesus in your understanding of the Christian savior. Some people call you a "mainline" Christian, which is an odd moniker since "mainline" is simply shorthand for historic denominational Christianity in America. But for several decades, mainliners like you have not identified with evangelical Christianity and have incorporated liberal theological concepts into the practice of the faith.

Watch video with Bishop John Shelby Spong. Read about Karen Armstrong's Charter for Compassion. Visit the Progressive Revival blog.
_____

SOURCE
I've never heard of him, so I watched this brief video by him. I agreed with what he said for the most point (not a big fan of baptism at birth but, aside from that).

Y'all go ahead and take the quiz and tell us what your result is! O:)

Angel

Post #21

Post by Angel »

My result:
You are A Brian McLaren Christian

A.k.a. a Rob Bell, Phyllis Tickle, N.T. Wright, Tim Keller, Eugene Peterson Christian. You subscribe to Sojourners or Relevant...or, more likely, Rolling Stone, Paste and The Atlantic. (And maybe even Geez!) Your Christian history is rooted in St. Francis, who leads (through Gandhi) to Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, Jr. You emphasize social justice as an element of God's kingdom. You might be "emergent" or "progressive," but you're probably post-evangelical.

Braveheart
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by Braveheart »

Dear Quasi, in light of your status, and in the spirit of Matthew 25:36, I finally got around to taking your test. Before I reveal how this inspired instrument has marked me, I thought I would ask you to venture a guess as to the label your quiz has pinned on me. Consider this a cold mug of ciber-water for your tortured artist-soul. After you guess I promise that I will reveal my true score. ;)
I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc :2gun:

Peace if possible, truth at all costs.
Martin Luther

The Church of God she will not bend her knees
To the gods of this world though they promise her peace
She stands her ground
Stands firm on the Rock
Watch their walls tumble down when she lives out His love
Rich Mullins

Braveheart
Banned
Banned

Post #23

Post by Braveheart »

*crickets*

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Re: What Kind of Christian Are You? (Quiz)

Post #24

Post by dianaiad »

Darias wrote:Hey guys,

I came across this quiz online. There are a bunch of multiple choice questions and at the end it tells you which type of Christian you are.

What kind of Christian are you? Does your faith resemble Joel Osteen? Billy Graham? Bishop Spong?

Answer these 21 questions on what you believe about the Bible, Jesus, prayer, and more, and discover your Christian identity. We don’t guarantee that you’ll be pleased with the results, but we promise you’ll have much to discuss with friends—and that you’ll be inspired to deepen your faith.
_____

SOURCE

My result was:

A.k.a. a Marcus Borg, Karen Armstrong Christian. Your Christian history begins with the Gospel of Thomas, or at least you'd like to include any and all ancient reports on Jesus in your understanding of the Christian savior. Some people call you a "mainline" Christian, which is an odd moniker since "mainline" is simply shorthand for historic denominational Christianity in America. But for several decades, mainliners like you have not identified with evangelical Christianity and have incorporated liberal theological concepts into the practice of the faith.

Watch video with Bishop John Shelby Spong. Read about Karen Armstrong's Charter for Compassion. Visit the Progressive Revival blog.
_____

SOURCE
I've never heard of him, so I watched this brief video by him. I agreed with what he said for the most point (not a big fan of baptism at birth but, aside from that).

I'm a....here:
You are A Brian McLaren Christian
Brian McLaren Christian

A.k.a. a Rob Bell, Phyllis Tickle, N.T. Wright, Tim Keller, Eugene Peterson Christian. You subscribe to Sojourners or Relevant...or, more likely, Rolling Stone, Paste and The Atlantic. (And maybe even Geez!) Your Christian history is rooted in St. Francis, who leads (through Gandhi) to Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, Jr. You emphasize social justice as an element of God's kingdom. You might be "emergent" or "progressive," but you're probably post-evangelical.

Want more? Watch videos with Brian McLaren. See Rob Bell on the resurrection. Read Phyllis Tickle's Lent blog. Read our interview with N.T. Wright.
So the question is...Who the heck is Brian McLaren?

My PROBLEM is that there were way too many questions that absolutely required a "none of the above' response, at least for me.

Some of the answers they wanted me to choose from were so far away from my beliefs that the closest match was somewhere near Mars. (shrug)

What can I say? I'm a MORMON Christian. ;)

Fides et Veritas
Student

Re: What Kind of Christian Are You? (Quiz)

Post #25

Post by Fides et Veritas »

Darias wrote: Hey guys,

_____

SOURCE

My result was:

_____

SOURCE

I was unable to complete it after the question about what is the Kingdom of God. What it is was not in the list. I was pretty excited at first but should have known I wouldn’t be able to go through it. Really cool idea though.
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." — C.S. Lewis

Elijah John
Savant

Post #26

Post by Elijah John »

I took the test and it considers me a Brian McLaren kind of Christian.

That was a real surprise, as I never heard of him. I do like some of the accociated people with this kind of Christian though, Mother Theresa and St. Francis.

But of the four choices, I really think I am more of a John Shelby Spong Christian, as he is one of my favorite authors, along with Marcus Borg and Karen Armstrong.

Flaw with the test, Imo, as some of the choices seem limited or not what best may characterize the quiz taker. Favorite translation of the Bible, for example. My choice was not listed, which would have been the American Standard Version, which I like because it honors the Tetragrammaton, by using the name "Jehovah" instead of the euphamism "Lord".

The King James would have been good to, for it's sheer literary beauty and merit,and the fact that it too honors the Tetragrammaton in six (I think) places.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.