Post #1

Post by scorpia »

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by micatala »

Hard to say for sure. Could be:

1. he is completely delusional
2. he is insecure and so makes up for it by going on this faith-based power trip so he can feel he is always right.
3. he has trouble with ambiguity so he goes off the literal deep-end

I always wonder why some Christians only selectively use the Bible, and then do not even realize that is what they are doing. We all have our 'favorite parts' or parts we understand better than others, but it seems a lot of people willfully ignore the parts of the Bible that contradict their views, instead cherry-picking the parts that confirm their pre-conceived notions.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to ramble. :)

Lotan
Guru

Post #3

Post by Lotan »

scorpia wrote:Why would someone pretend to be Chritians in this manner?
Looks like someone is parodying evangelical Christians. Did you check out the "Our Beliefs" page?
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14

scorpia
Sage

Post #4

Post by scorpia »

Looks like someone is parodying evangelical Christians.
why, so they are! Kind of makes you wonder just how many other so called "offensive Christians" online are part of some parody.......
Did you check out the "Our Beliefs" page?
Yes

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

Looks like someone is parodying evangelical Christians.
scorpia wrote:why, so they are! Kind of makes you wonder just how many other so called "offensive Christians" online are part of some parody.......
As I understand it, it is a twisted game played by those who have way too much time on their hands and little or no respect for the beliefs of others. The object seems to be to create a parody of some the worst aspects of fundamentalism and then see how many people (christians and otherwise) you can get to react as if they think that you are serious. Lack of maturity aside, they do make a point. Sometimes it is very difficult to distinguish between a parody of fundamentalism and extreme fundamentalism itself.
And yes, it does seem sometimes as if some, but not all, of the offensive Christians are, in fact, trolls.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

scorpia
Sage

Post #6

Post by scorpia »

Lack of maturity aside, they do make a point. Sometimes it is very difficult to distinguish between a parody of fundamentalism and extreme fundamentalism itself.
Touche. :confused2: And I guess for some time they fooled me. But was I fooled because that is the truth, or was it because my POV was warped?
'Belief is never giving up.'- Random footy adverisement.

Sometimes even a wise man is wrong. Sometimes even a fool is right.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

scorpia wrote:But was I fooled because that is the truth, or was it because my POV was warped?
I am not going to answer that. No way. No how. No, no, no.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Lotan
Guru

Post #8

Post by Lotan »

scorpia wrote:But was I fooled because that is the truth, or was it because my POV was warped?
Maybe that's something that you need to answer for yourself. Did you notice how the site takes legalism to extremes? That seems to be the joke.
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14