Christ is

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

EBA
Apprentice

Christ is

Post #1

Post by EBA »

This study is to show that Christ is much more than what we have been taught by man.

I know there are many that will dispute what I state in this study, but if you have an issue with something I state please take it to the debate forum and start a new thread.

I hope Christ opens the reader's eyes to these wonderful truths.

I'll start with this wonderful truth:

[center]Christ is Lord of Lords[/center]
Deu 10:17
For the LORD (yehôvâh) your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psa 136:3
O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy [endureth] for ever.

1 Timothy 6:15
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate (Jesus Christ), the King of kings, and Lord of lords

Rev 17:14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rev 19:16
And he (Jesus Christ) hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by EBA »

1. Christ is Lord of lords

[center]Christ is King of kings.[/center]
1 Timothy 6:15
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, (Jesus Christ) the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.

Psa 74:12 For God [is] my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.

Isa 33:22 For the LORD (yehôvâh) [is] our judge, the LORD (yehôvâh) [is] our lawgiver, the LORD (yehôvâh) [is] our king; he will save us.

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he [is] just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Joh 12:15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints.

Rev 19:16 And he (Jesus Christ) hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Isa 43:15 I [am] the LORD (yehôvâh), your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

In the last two posts Christ has been shown to be KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

YHWH also holds the title “Lord of lords:�

Peace.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by EBA »

2. Christ is King of kings

[center]Christ is the Holy One[/center]

Psa 89:18 For the LORD (yehôvâh) [is] our defence; and the Holy One of Israel [is] our king.

Isa 43:15 I [am] the LORD (yehôvâh), your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Mar 1:24 Saying, Let [us] alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

Psa 71:22 I will also praise thee with the psaltery, [even] thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.

Luk 4:34 Saying, Let [us] alone; what have we to do with thee, [thou] Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

Isa 30:15 For thus saith the Lord (ad-o-noy') GOD (yehôvâh), the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Isa 41:20 That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD (yehôvâh) hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.

Isa 43:3 For I [am] the LORD (yehôvâh) thy God (el-o-heem'), the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt [for] thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Eze 39:7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not [let them] pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD (yehôvâh), the Holy One in Israel.

1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1Jn 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him,-

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Act 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another [psalm], Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker [is ]thine husband; the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

God Bless.

Blue, Bold and Underline emphases mine.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by EBA »

3. Christ is the Holy One

[center]Christ is the Redeemer[/center]

Isa 41:14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, [and] ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD (yehôvâh), and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Isa 43:14 Thus saith the LORD (yehôvâh), your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry [is] in the ships.

Isa 47:4 [As for] our redeemer, the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts [is] his name, the Holy One of Israel.

Isa 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I [am] the LORD (yehôvâh) thy God (el-o-heem') which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way [that] thou shouldest go.

Isa 49:7 Thus saith the LORD (yehôvâh), the Redeemer of Israel, [and] his Holy One (kaw-doshe', kaw-doshe'), to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD (yehôvâh) that is faithful, [and] the Holy One (kaw-doshe', kaw-doshe') of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

Psa 111:9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy (kaw-doshe', kaw-doshe') and reverend [is] his name.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Job 19:25 For I know [that] my redeemer liveth, and [that] he shall stand at the latter [day] upon the earth:

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD (yehôvâh), my strength, and my redeemer.

Pro 23:11 For their redeemer [is] mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.

1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD (yehôvâh) the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts;[/U] I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD (yehôvâh), thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I [am] the LORD (yehôvâh) that maketh all [things;] that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mar 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD (yehôvâh) of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Peace.

EBA
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by EBA »

4. Christ is the Redeemer

[center]Christ is the Husband[/center]
Isa 54:5
For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they] be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Jer 3:8
And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Jer 3:20
Surely [as] a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.

Jer 31:32
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

2Co 11:2
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ.

Rev 19:7
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:9
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the
marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Rev 19:17
And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Rev 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Eph 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Rom 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

God Bless.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 4 by EBA]

Jehovah (Yehowah/ Yaweh/YHWH) is a name that is NEVER applied to Jesus in scripture ONLY to the Father.

Regards

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

EBA
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by EBA »

2. Christ is King of Kings
5. Christ is the Husband

[center]Christ is One Body[/center]
Eph 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Rom 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Eph 5:29-31 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.

Eph 1:22-23 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church,
Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Rom 12:4
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

1Co 12:25-27
That there should be no schism in the body; but [that] the members should have the same care one for another.
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; (Jesus Christ) and the head of Christ [is] God.

Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Joh 17:21-23 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Eph 4:4-6 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who [is]above all, (including Christ) and through all, and in you all.

Peace.

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 6 by JehovahsWitness]

YHWH literally means the hand reveals the nail reveals.

Who fits that description?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

EBA
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by EBA »

2. Christ is King of Kings
5. Christ is the Husband
6. Christ is One Body

[center]Christ is a Spiritual Body[/center]
Eph 4:4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all (including Christ), and through all, and in you all.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by theSpirit:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:23 And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit,] the redemption of our body. (This is not our physical body – hopefully we SEE by now, what body is being spoken of here).

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

1Co 15:44
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body (Christ).
There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body (Christ).

1Co 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam (Christ) [was made] a quickening spirit.

1Co 15:46
Howbeit that [was not] first which is spiritual (Christ), but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. (Christ).

1Co 15:47
The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man (Christ) [is] the Lord from heaven.

1Co 15:48
As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly (Christ), such [are] they also that are heavenly. (Christ)

1Co 15:49
And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the Heavenly. (Christ)

1Co 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

God Bless.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 6 by JehovahsWitness]

YHWH literally means the hand reveals the nail reveals.

Who fits that description?
No it doesn't.

You just made that up didnt you.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8