The tree of truth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

The tree of truth

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

I have been reading the story about Adam and Eve and now I cannot understand what people are talking about...eating of the tree of life? According to this story God do not want people to eat of the tree of life? Is that not why God did this:
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east sidee of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
It seems like God do not want humans to live forever, so there can be no talk about an resurrection of humans. God just want humans to die and perish. Because they did not obey. End of story.

But the story keeps on going? Why is that?

dio9
Under Probation

Re: The tree of truth

Post #41

Post by dio9 »

Waterfall wrote: I have been reading the story about Adam and Eve and now I cannot understand what people are talking about...eating of the tree of life? According to this story God do not want people to eat of the tree of life? Is that not why God did this:
After he drove the man out, he placed on the east sidee of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
It seems like God do not want humans to live forever, so there can be no talk about an resurrection of humans. God just want humans to die and perish. Because they did not obey. End of story.

Forbidden from eating from the tree of life means we sons of Adam and Eve are out of sync from the natural order. I have a tree in my backyard that supports the life of a bunch of critters. I was sitting under it today as my dog was chasing around it. When I had this revelation. These critters are in sync. This tree supports the life of birds rabbits ground hogs skunks raccoons opossums various insects. They are all in sync with this Mulberry tree lets call a tree of life. We humans however are out of sync with this natural order.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #42

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Waterfall wrote:When did God move? Why did God move? Has God always been on the move?
Can you clarify what you are asking here?

The bible doesn't speak of God as literally "moving" anywhere. He stays in heaven where he lives. He uses his power to achieve anything he wants done whereever that might be so why are you asking about "God moving"? If you clarify I will try and find a link that points you to the bible answer to your question.

Regards,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #43

Waterfall wrote:Did God pop out of nothing?
  • No, the bible says God has always existed. He had no beginning and didn't "pop out" of anything.
Read more: Who Made God?
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014569

Waterfall wrote:...and then God created the heaven and the earth
Yes that is correct,

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RELATED POSTS

To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, GODS and ... THE DIVINE NAME
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #44

Post by Waterfall »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Waterfall wrote:When did God move? Why did God move? Has God always been on the move?

The bible doesn't speak of God as literally "moving" anywhere. He stays in heaven where he lives. He uses his power to achieve anything he wants done whereever that might be so why are you asking about "God moving"? If you clarify I will try and find a link that points you to the bible answer to your question.

Regards,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
I will try.

Did you read the TTL answers?

In this scenario God had to go trough a develupment before mastering it all. That do not mean that God did not always exist. It just mean that God had a starting point. I am not an expert in TTL. But like the universe did not always exist the heaven did not always exist. It was a posibillity. Something God could realise. This book takes us to the beginning of it all. We understand that there most has been something...a starting point. Things do not pop out of nothing. Nothing is nothing and from nothing comes nothing. So there most have been something.

It was not me who ask the questions (people did from 100 years ago), so...what did they ask about? Did God pop out of nothing? Or something? Or? The question is open. The answer could have been something else. If we knew the answer then we would not ask questions.

So what are we asking about? Your questions seems to be in accordence with what the bible can answer.

This goes for a lot of "religions".

I have ask the hare krishna movement about the souls first incarnation and I have not received any response from them. I would have love a good answer. Because I like there singin and dansing. There devotion. And there food. There are many things to like about them. But maybe they are thinking about my question. Hmm...they have some "come together" every sonday in there tempel/house, so maybe I should go there today and ask them about it.

A good day to you also JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #45

Waterfall wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

Regards,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
I will try.

That do not mean that God did not always exist. It just mean that God had a starting point.

Ok I think I understand what you are saying, but your source is wrong, in any case I don't believe it because the bible is quite clear God has always existed and so God had no starting point. We do, and the universe does but God? No, God had no staring point because he has always existed.

Here is the truth on that point: Who Made God?

I hope the links are helping you, you sound like a very sweet person, so I hope you will give the bible due consideration.

JW

PS You can change any of the pages on www.jw.org to your native language instead of English.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #46

Waterfall wrote:

I have ask the hare krishna movement about the souls first incarnation and I have not received any response from them. I would have love a good answer. ...they have some "come together" eveh ry
sonday in there tempel/house, so maybe I should go there today and ask them about it.
You said the Krishnas have not respond to your questions, I think if you are seeking good answers you should go to the nearest Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, there is no dansing or food but there are people that will answer your questions from the bible.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Does the Bible Teach Reincarnation?
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/q ... the-bible/

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #47

Post by Waterfall »

dio9 wrote:
Waterfall wrote: I have been reading the story about Adam and Eve and now I cannot understand what people are talking about...eating of the tree of life? According to this story God do not want people to eat of the tree of life? Is that not why God did this:

Forbidden from eating from the tree of life means we sons of Adam and Eve are out of sync from the natural order. I have a tree in my backyard that supports the life of a bunch of critters. I was sitting under it today as my dog was chasing around it. When I had this revelation. These critters are in sync. This tree supports the life of birds rabbits ground hogs skunks raccoons opossums various insects. They are all in sync with this Mulberry tree lets call a tree of life. We humans however are out of sync with this natural order.
It reminds me of the movie Avatar - there is also a tree there.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #48

Post by Waterfall »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Ok I think I understand what you are saying, but your source is wrong, in any case I don't believe it because the bible is quite clear God has always existed and so God had no starting point. We do, and the universe does but God? No, God had no staring point because he has always existed.
Then you most not had understood me. Because this book is not saying there was a time when God did not exist.

And thank you for the link:

But TW do not answer my questions.

Let me point to this answer again:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a01.htm

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko01.htm

When you understand the answer, then you understand my questions.

Regarding the hare krishna movement then I went down there today and it was a good experience (they are happy and dedicated to that life). After the lecture and the dansing and singing there was some vegetarian food. A good day. And I got to ask my question and we had a little talk about it and some other things. Infact he told me that he had read the book (Toward the Light) and was not satisfied. He read the book 35 years ago. But I could hear he had not understood it. His "argument" was that God do not create souls. And he problely had a problem with the animals to. According to TTL animals are not blessed with a soul or eternal life (thought and will). And I can understand that problem. Because what about the suffering of animals? How do we solve that problem?

Anyway...now he is in the hare krishna movement and are living life that way. Good for him. But what about the souls first incarnation? It was not easy to get him to grasp it...maybe he understood it at the end...but I do not think so...his mind was occopied with was he had thought the last 30-35 years (he has been in the movement for a very long time).

Another thing because he told me there was proof that mankind has been here for 200-300 million years. And that people was misinformed. I then asked about the proof because I have never heard this before. I have heard about 5-10 million years. But 200-300 million years? Well...he pointed to a book - forbidden archeology - so now I have another book to read :-)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #49

[Replying to post 48 by Waterfall]

Well I think that' great.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

JW

dio9
Under Probation

Post #50

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to post 47 by Waterfall]

in the mythology of Lilith there is also a tree. The Hebrews called Lilith a pagan goddess but by others (as late as 5th century) She is called the first wife of Adam. Created at the same time as Adam in the image of God.
She left Adam and Eden because she wouldn't subordinate herself to Adam because She said we are equal.

There are two creation stories in Genesis in one they are created together in the image of God. In the other Eve is subordinate created from Adam's rib subordinate to Adam .

Point is the The Goddess myth even though demonized by the Hebrew writers proceeds the Old Testament tale . This Myth first seen on clay tablets dated 600 BC on Sumerian Assyrian and Babylonian cuneiform .
The Hebrews suppressed her but you can't keep a good myth down the Goddess appears again Christianized in the Virgin mother Mary. Perhaps cleaned up a bit from her earlier pagan mythological self, but still Christianity is all about redemption isn't it.
Does the mother need to be liberated?