HITLER and TRUMP

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

HITLER and TRUMP

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

"The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shirer reveals the history of Adoph Hitler’s efforts in a very, very negative way. But there are some (small amount?) who disagree. Likewise the Holocaust deniers claim that history was distorted by the victor’s claims of gross genocide. Most rational people that I know agree with the former – that Nazism is highly unethical!

I’m in the process of reading "Bonhoeffer" (published in 2011) and find that Eric Metaxas confirms much, if not all, of Shirer’s history. What's most disturbing is that many passages in the text show Hitler’s chaotic politics, mannerisms, and untruthfulness could be attributed to Donald Trump (just reverse their names).

Bonhoeffer was a theologian in Germany who was basically a fundamentalist (the established churches of the 1920s and 30s he found superficial when it came to celebrating the spirit of Jesus). Bonhoeffer quickly became disillusioned with Hitler’s manipulation of those main stream churches and the dictator's disdain for everything Christian while providing lip service to it so as to maintain his “religious� demeanor with the common folk (or he would not have survived in politics, duh).

I ask if anyone cares to debate the Donald’s intentions in making America great again in a (subtle?) but parallel way of Hitler’s efforts to make Germany great again? For that matter one might even throw in Trump’s parroting of Putin’s making Russia great again (Trump does seem to have an affinity for dictators – he even said he wouldn’t mind the opportunity to try that role).

One other question for debate: Why are evangelical Republicans and some Democrats lapping up his chaotic, untruthful soup? With all the indictments docketed the “swamp� seems to be getting deeper -- and thicker.

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

JJ50 wrote: Trump would have made Hitler proud!
Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.
I'm Published! Christians Are Revolting: An Infidel's Progress
My Blog: Friendly By Nurture
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Re: HITLER and TRUMP

Post #3

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 1 by 2Dbunk]

The OP is really incomplete (I'm still reading "Bonhoeffer." More reading has revealed that Hitler's plan of governance was more immediate and nefarious than Trump's efforts. In his first year (1933) Hitler managed to nationalize religion (German Christians that put a whole new spin on scripture, eliminating the OT); taking away, one after another, the rights of Jews; making a pact with the Pope guaranteeing non-interference bilaterally; and eliminating the Reichstag after Hindenburg served his purposes .

Trump's efforts, though retrogressive, pale in comparison -- many of them stymied by self inflicted problems. Chaotic governance was and is the hallmark of both leaders -- Trump moreso because he lacks thoughtful planning, as compared to Hitler who knew exactly what he was doing.

Surely there are some out there who dispute what I've reported?

bjs
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by bjs »

I get what you are saying, but the comparison is probably going too far. That is, we could make the same basic comparison with nearly any national politician that we don’t like. For the last three presidents (Trump, Obama, Bush) I have heard some group out there saying, “He’s just like Hitler!� I am glad that you recognized in your later post that Trump isn’t really like Hitler.

I will say that I am completely at a loss as to why Evangelical Christians support Trump. It seems unfathomable to me. Is it still true? I know they supported Trump in the election, but in that case many Christians felt that neither candidate belonged in office.

Trump’s overall approval rate has dropped drastically. I do not know if he has maintained support among Evangelicals or not.
Understand that you might believe. Believe that you might understand. –Augustine of Hippo

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JJ50 »

That evil Nazi in the White House will be encouraging the shooters to take out Muslims as has happened in the terrible tragedy in New Zealand! The sooner Trump is removed from office the better for the US and the planet, imo.

I will remove myself from this forum as it isn't one with which I wish to be associated anymore.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by 2Dbunk »

JJ50, I am sorry to hear that you are leaving the forums.

bjs, Yes, Trump's approval rating is in the tank but in this political climate it's a false indicator, especially with the Democrats so fragmented. He won the 2016 election with only 46 percent of the voters (which turned out only 26% of the electorate). With those percentages and a near 90% approval rating among Republicans (the most popular repub. POTUS in decades), they have a solid bloc that could sweep him back into office.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

John Human
Scholar

Post #7

Post by John Human »

2Dbunk wrote: I ask if anyone cares to debate the Donald’s intentions in making America great again in a (subtle?) but parallel way of Hitler’s efforts to make Germany great again? For that matter one might even throw in Trump’s parroting of Putin’s making Russia great again (Trump does seem to have an affinity for dictators – he even said he wouldn’t mind the opportunity to try that role).
I'll take up that challenge. I think that Trump's "Make America great again" slogan is a rather incoherent call for a return to the economic policies of Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt: Promote "made-in-America" manufacturing, and muzzle the Federal Reserve.

Regarding your reference to Putin, on the world stage Putin is a leading elder statesman. Internally, he is navigating tricky mine-filled waters, as Russia has been semi-colonized by the same western imperialists that imposed so-called "color revolutions" on various countries near Russia, including the chaotic coup d'etat in Ukraine. The inferred purpose, ever since the fall of the Soviet Union, has been to set up an ever-tightening noose around Russia, and Putin has had the good sense to fight back. More power to him.

Putin proposed, back when Obama was president, to cooperate with the USA to build a railroad across the Bering Strait, linking the USA and Canada to Russia (and China and Europe, etc.) Obama ignored him, as did the mainstream U.S. news media. Why??? Isn't cooperation for our mutual economic benefit a good idea? And now, with a President in the White House who might actually take up Putin's offer of economic cooperation, we get a bombardment of anti-Russia hysteria blocking such an effort.

Back to your Hitler comparison, back in the day, Averell Harriman, who succeeded J.P. Morgan as the "king of Wall Street," was a prinicipal funder of the Nazi-loving "eugenics" movement. Harriman's lieutenant, Prescott Bush (father and grandfather of American presidents), was put in charge of Harriman's "Union Banking Corporation," which financed the Nazi military machine before and DURING World War II, until President Roosevelt seized and shut down this treasonous Nazi-connected bank under the "Trading with the Enemy" Act.

The Harriman and Bush families were/are part of the Anglo-American banking establishment, which has been out-doing the Nazis with the most far-reaching genocide in history, using the International Monetary Fund as a bludgeon and siphon to break the backs of Third World countries and bleed their economies dry. See the 1988 100-page resignation letter of senior IMF official Davison Budhoo at http://www.naomiklein.org/files/resourc ... budhoo.pdf

So, my answer to your Trump/Hitler comparison: We're already in worse-than-Nazi fascism, with "corporatist" interpenetration of government and financier overlords, repeated wars of aggression against countries (such as Panama and Iraq and Libya and Syria) that dare to stand up against the New World Order, and the most far-reaching genocide in history, with a million and more deaths every year since the early 1980s in broken Third- and "Fourth" World countries due to starvation (especially among children) and preventable diseases.
"Love is a force in the universe." -- Interstellar

"God don't let me lose my nerve" -- "Put Your Lights On"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCBS5EtszYI

"Who shall save the human race?"
-- "Wild Goose Chase" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L45toPpEv0

"A piece is gonna fall on you..."
-- "All You Zombies" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63O_cAclG3A[/i]

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

Also I think Eric Metaxas is a Trump supporter.

http://ericmetaxas.com/media/articles/e ... ing-trump/

If you are interested in something more Hitlereeque may I present the following.

Look to Europe for the next Hitler.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by 2Dbunk »

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:16 am Post subject: Re: HITLER and TRUMP

John Human wrote:

I'll take up that challenge. I think that Trump's "Make America great again" slogan is a rather incoherent call for a return to the economic policies of Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt: Promote "made-in-America" manufacturing, and muzzle the Federal Reserve.

Regarding your reference to Putin, on the world stage Putin is a leading elder statesman. Internally, he is navigating tricky mine-filled waters, as Russia has been semi-colonized by the same western imperialists that imposed so-called "color revolutions" on various countries near Russia, including the chaotic coup d'etat in Ukraine. The inferred purpose, ever since the fall of the Soviet Union, has been to set up an ever-tightening noose around Russia, and Putin has had the good sense to fight back. More power to him.

Putin proposed, back when Obama was president, to cooperate with the USA to build a railroad across the Bering Strait, linking the USA and Canada to Russia (and China and Europe, etc.) Obama ignored him, as did the mainstream U.S. news media. Why??? Isn't cooperation for our mutual economic benefit a good idea? And now, with a President in the White House who might actually take up Putin's offer of economic cooperation, we get a bombardment of anti-Russia hysteria blocking such an effort.

Back to your Hitler comparison, back in the day, Averell Harriman, who succeeded J.P. Morgan as the "king of Wall Street," was a prinicipal funder of the Nazi-loving "eugenics" movement. Harriman's lieutenant, Prescott Bush (father and grandfather of American presidents), was put in charge of Harriman's "Union Banking Corporation," which financed the Nazi military machine before and DURING World War II, until President Roosevelt seized and shut down this treasonous Nazi-connected bank under the "Trading with the Enemy" Act.

The Harriman and Bush families were/are part of the Anglo-American banking establishment, which has been out-doing the Nazis with the most far-reaching genocide in history, using the International Monetary Fund as a bludgeon and siphon to break the backs of Third World countries and bleed their economies dry. See the 1988 100-page resignation letter of senior IMF official Davison Budhoo at http://www.naomiklein.org/files/resourc ... budhoo.pdf

So, my answer to your Trump/Hitler comparison: We're already in worse-than-Nazi fascism, with "corporatist" interpenetration of government and financier overlords, repeated wars of aggression against countries (such as Panama and Iraq and Libya and Syria) that dare to stand up against the New World Order, and the most far-reaching genocide in history, with a million and more deaths every year since the early 1980s in broken Third- and "Fourth" World countries due to starvation (especially among children) and preventable diseases.

That sounds like a "Deep State" affair where the good guys are the bad and your neighbor isn't who you think he is. Is this another Treasure Island
flick where little Jim Hawkins is hoodwinked by (Honest?) Long John Silver's silver tongue? But, yeah, debate away as to the merits as to the state of world economic chicanery.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 7 by John Human]

John, I'm sorry that I posted a reply to your challenge as a "Post Reply" and not to your Post #7. If you care to see my reply to you, it is directly above this one.