Debates on Christianity, Creation vs Evolution, Philosophy, Politics and Religion, Ethics, Current Events, and Religious issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic
benchwarmer
First Post
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 pm  Atheists dealing with religious family and friends Reply with quote

Hi fellow heathens Smile

I watched the following video today and thought it might be interesting/helpful for some of my atheist friends here.

Matt Dillahunty opens up about the toxic words from his own parents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byejeMHUrhI

Though I don't struggle with this as my family is not religious, I do have some friends who may eventually put me in this position. It's an interesting perspective on the passive aggressive 'love' that some Christians are employing and probably not even realizing what they are doing.

Anyone here dealing with the same issue? Are religious family and friends trying to 'love' you back to Jesus with guilt and scripture quotes that are blind to what love actually means?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 11: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Like this post
You raise a very valid point. Dad does consider things and I should give him credit for not desperately pulling out some ridiculous apologetic argument that isn't even related.

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter