Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Please pray for Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Hello all,

I am posting this to ask fellow Christians to take a moment to pray for my Jehovah's Witness brothers and sisters in Russia who are suffering persecution at this present time. We can only hope the Russian authorities see the wisdom of respecting freedom of worship in their country.

JW

Further reading
https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-reg ... -20170308/
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Please pray for Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by JehovahsWitness]

I'm sure many of you are aware of the developments in Russia, although many religions are being persecuted, only Jehovahs Witnesses have been banned.

It's very sad but it has been propheciednin scripture.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Tart »

what prophecy said so? That Jehovah Witnesses would be banned in Russia?

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Tart »

im starting to think the idea of prophecy is very impractical, and non-understandable between believers.

Though not necessarily a bad thing... It is like having your mind in the clouds, which i am very interested in practicality... objective truth... It's very important...

in fact, Paul was said Prophets come after Apostles... But why?

Last night i was thinking of these things, and visions came to me telling me "Prophets are deceived by Satan" (or something like that)... Repeated...

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Tart »

This is my problem with prophets...

When a dooms day prophets proclaims death... I think to myself, what about life and faith?

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Tart »

this is what we should be praying for... us...

what good is my prayer? Why pray anything at all????

Dont get me wrong, "I want to pray for world peace"... good... I remember that saying when i was a child before the fall... War, death, and famine...

But what good is the body if it is not united? Torn in peaces... But who here would we pray for? What peace here?? Who sins will we pray for?? Who's lives should we pray for???

I say a prayer for a Russia right now, im not saying this is a bad thing, im just asking what good comes of it? If my reward in built in heaven... I wonder if id ever meet an anonymous person i prayer for in heaven??? lol... its almost a joke to say so...

Im not calling you wrong, im just questioning actions in general... What we ought to do... right and wrong... why not doing nothing at all??

I question sometimes, why say a single word?? Is it better to have long prayers or short prayers? for what reasons?

is righteousness misplaced? I certainly think righteousness is very misplaced, and here is the number one reason... We should agree the law is good...

The purpose of the law is to convict us for sins (wrote Paul).. Yet we have laws all over our societies that have nothing to do with sin... With real valid sin... And our sins are above the law, we see it all over....

The very reason of the law, is to convict a person for sin... period... But we have laws that tell us we are wrong, for stupid reasons, little mistakes, etc...

the world is fallen and deceived and confused...