You Don't Need to Believe in the Trinity to be Saved?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2timothy316
Under Probation

You Don't Need to Believe in the Trinity to be Saved?

Post #1

Post by 2timothy316 »

The Tanager wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:28 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm"Correct view" you say. Clear this up for me. You mean one must believe in the basic belief of the trinity to be saved right?
No, I’m saying the complete opposite. I’m explicitly saying one doesn’t have to have the correct/true view of God’s nature (trinitarian or not) to be saved. I’m saying one can be wrong about the trinity and still be saved.
Is this true? One doesn't have to believe in the trinity to be saved?

Capbook
Sage

Re: You Don't Need to Believe in the Trinity to be Saved?

Post #61

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:31 pm
Capbook wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:22 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:04 pm
Capbook wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:37 am
onewithhim wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:47 am
Capbook wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:05 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:24 am
Capbook wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:48 am... a definite article (name in singular) placed before Father, Son and HS. That I understand as one God in three persons.
That's nonsense. The expression "in the name of..." means "under the authority of"/ representing. This can refer to an individual (In the name of Jesus) , an institution or an entity (in the name of the law*).

Listing w(as in the case of Mat 2i) two individuals and an entity does not render them all EQUAL, much less all Almighty God.

* NOTE "In The name of the law" does not mean that "the law" is a person, with a '
name such as Bill or Jane
Where to find your explanation in the Bible?
The definite article (the) is used before a noun to indicate that the identity of the noun is known to the reader, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit mentioned in Mat 28:19 in the singular word "name". Grammatical exegesis as they are one in singular "name".
And if they are not equal they should be outside of that singular "name."
It's not a singular name. And someone could say something is to happen in the name of Tom, Dick and Harry, and it wouldn't mean that they are the same person OR equal in any way. I like JehovahsWitness's comment on this. "In the name of the law and God above" doesn't mean that the law has a name but is an entity to be reckoned with, and it certainly isn't equal to God above.
I quote Bible verse, hope you do likewise on grammatical exegesis.
Just what do you mean? We JWs have quoted MUCH Bible scripture. In just about everything we post. What is your point?
You mentioned Tom, Dick and Harry.
I mean any argument by verse that is similar to Mat 28:19 with different application.
I still don't understand what you are talking about. Can you be more succinct?
I mean where in the Bible that says similar to Mat 28:19 that uses singular "name" then mentions three persons that is not Tom, Dick and Harry. I mean biblical names, that also proves that they are not equal?

Capbook
Sage

Post #62

Post by Capbook »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:47 am
Capbook wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:05 am...they are one in singular "name".
And if they are not equal they should be outside of that singular "name."
The scripture cannot mean the three mentioned are all called "Tom" (for example) because the bible is clear that the Father has one name and the Son another (different) name. As for the holy spirit, it is never spoken of in scripture as havjng a name, so how can someone be baptised a literal "name" nobody on earth has ever heard of.

The expression... "the name of" in this context means "in the authority of..." and the Father and son do not have equal authority because Jesus admitted his authorith came from the Father.
The three have its gender, including the Holy Spirit.(John 14:16) That they are persons that has will, emotions and intelligence. And being equal in inclusion of that singular word "name".

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #63

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Capbook wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:47 am
The three have its gender, including the Holy Spirit.(John 14:16) That they are persons that has will, emotions and intelligence. And being equal in inclusion of that singular word "name".
Gender in language is just a reflection linguistic structure of the language. The words "gender" might help to identifiy the subject a verb but in this case it is irrelevant as to whether the we are talking about equality of role position and age.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Capbook
Sage

Post #64

Post by Capbook »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:37 am
Gender in language is just a reflection linguistic structure of the language. The words "gender" might help to identifiy the subject a verb but in this case it is irrelevant as to whether the we are talking about equality of role position and age.
How about the will, emotion and intelligence?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #65

Capbook wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:38 am
What about it?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Capbook
Sage

Post #66

Post by Capbook »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:14 am
Capbook wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:38 am
What about it?
Do the Father, Son and Holy Spirit have will, emotion and intelligence?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #67

Capbook wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:59 am

Jehovah and Jesus and you and I all have will, emotion and intelligence. We do not all however have the same level of intelligence and sometimes our will and emotions are different from each others* depending on the circumstances.

*The holy spirit is Gods force or power and not a person.
LUKE 22:42

Jesus: Father, if You are willing, take this cup away from Me. Yet not My will, but Your will, be done

RELATED POSTS

Is the Jehovah's Witnesses NEW WORLD TRANSLATION translated from the original Greek and Hebrew?
viewtopic.php?p=1154785#p1154785

Capbook
Sage

Post #68

Post by Capbook »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:19 am
Capbook wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:59 am

Jehovah and Jesus and you and I all have will, emotion and intelligence. We do not all however have the same level of intelligence and sometimes our will and emotions are different from each others* depending on the circumstances.

*The holy spirit is Gods force or power and not a person.
LUKE 22:42

Jesus: Father, if You are willing, take this cup away from Me. Yet not My will, but Your will, be done

RELATED POSTS

Is the Jehovah's Witnesses NEW WORLD TRANSLATION translated from the original Greek and Hebrew?
viewtopic.php?p=1154785#p1154785
Do you mean that the Holy Spirit does not have will, emotions and intelligence?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #69

Capbook wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:30 am
Power/energy (like electricity) cannot have indepenendent will, emotions and intelligence: energy is not a person. God's the holy spirit is simply his power, he can use it to "zap" someone if he is angry with them or make them feel better if he loves them, but it is always an expression of HIS intention..
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Capbook
Sage

Post #70

Post by Capbook »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:35 am
Capbook wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:30 am
Power/energy (like electricity) cannot have indepenendent will, emotions and intelligence: energy is nit a person. God spirit is simply his power, car use it to spa people je te is angry with them or make them feel better if he loves them, but it is always an expression of HIS intention..
Do power/energy have emotions?