Video: "When They Insult Our Prophet (PBUH)"

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Darias
Guru

Video: "When They Insult Our Prophet (PBUH)"

Post #1

Post by Darias »

I just wanted to post this, mainly for non-Muslim forum goers, but I posted it here because it seems like the most appropriate place. I was actually curious as to what the proper Qur'anic response to insult was and I'm glad to find that what the Qur'an says is very much equivalent to that of the New Testament response to insult: turns out neither call for rage or violence. I hope this clip will be informative to everyone regardless of belief.

[center][youtube][/youtube] [/center]

Wootah
Savant

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

If you are watching it - it is for you.

This video is for you Darius, it is for non-muslims to watch.

playhavock
Guru

Post #3

Post by playhavock »

I support the right of any one to insult anything they want.
Including the "prophet" Mahamad and that silly Alla.

Darias
Guru

Post #4

Post by Darias »

I'm a Kafir just to clarify, that means, I'm not a Muslim -- not even a former Muslim, but at university my minor is in Islamic Studies. I posted this video so that others like myself could realize that there are legitimate Qur'anic teachings condemning a hostile response to insult. In other words, the reactions we see aren't necessarily a religious thing -- that is to say that these protests are not something reflectively inherent to Islamic teachings, at least not mainstream Qur'anic ones.

But yes as an Agnostic I support anyone's right to question and make fun of any religion. That's besides the point. Just watch the video.

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

Darias wrote: I'm a Kafir just to clarify, that means, I'm not a Muslim -- not even a former Muslim, but at university my minor is in Islamic Studies. I posted this video so that others like myself could realize that there are legitimate Qur'anic teachings condemning a hostile response to insult. In other words, the reactions we see aren't necessarily a religious thing -- that is to say that these protests are not something reflectively inherent to Islamic teachings, at least not mainstream Qur'anic ones.

But yes as an Agnostic I support anyone's right to question and make fun of any religion. That's besides the point. Just watch the video.
Again - it isn't 'us' that needs to watch it - it is Muslims.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Kuan »

Thanks for the vid, I highly enjoyed it. Wish I could speak more (arabic?) Please forgive my ignorance there.

On another note, would you recommend that minor of yours? Why? I have been pondering what exactly I want my minor to be.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

Darias
Guru

Post #7

Post by Darias »

mormon boy51 wrote: Thanks for the vid, I highly enjoyed it. Wish I could speak more (arabic?) Please forgive my ignorance there.

On another note, would you recommend that minor of yours? Why? I have been pondering what exactly I want my minor to be.
As part of my international studies major, I had to take a class about religion, so I picked Islam. I later took a few classes on Middle Eastern history. Then I realized you can't begin to talk about US foreign policy and much of the history of the 20th century without learning more about Islamic history, culture, and politics. So I signed up for it and took a bunch more classes on Islamic history and current events in the Middle East. I feel like I know more about this than my major concentration (Europe).

I don't know how the minor would be in other colleges. Some may focus entirely on the religious aspect of Islam without requiring any courses on political history. But if you want a job in the analyst field or with a government, politics, or think tank -- it doesn't hurt to know a thing or two about the Middle East or the Muslim faith in general.

Hermione
Student

Post #8

Post by Hermione »

playhavock wrote: I support the right of any one to insult anything they want.
A magical law means; everything we send out came three times back to us. This means that comes back a little negative to us just the same as a little positive. If I mock other religions (I do not mean criticism with that); will the result of my actions for me and others be noticeable.
Not everything one can do; one also should do. It gives the law of cause and effect.
Storm reaps whom violance sows This see like again once in the Middle East. And everything because of a stupid video that were produced to incite Muslims.

Wootah
Savant

Post #9

Post by Wootah »

Hermione wrote:
playhavock wrote: I support the right of any one to insult anything they want.
A magical law means; everything we send out came three times back to us. This means that comes back a little negative to us just the same as a little positive. If I mock other religions (I do not mean criticism with that); will the result of my actions for me and others be noticeable.
Not everything one can do; one also should do. It gives the law of cause and effect.
Storm reaps whom violance sows This see like again once in the Middle East. And everything because of a stupid video that were produced to incite Muslims.
Are you serous? A magical law?

Hermione
Student

Post #10

Post by Hermione »

Wootah wrote:
Are you serous? A magical law?
Yes! And this is the principle behind of cause and effect. Of reaction and counter-reaction. That everything we say or do has consequences for me and others.