Goto page Previous  1, 2

Willum
Subject: Re: Who is Jewish?
[Replying to post 2 by cnorman19]

I guess this is a continuation: If being Jewish is as you declare, "52 pick-up," then is how is it different from being nothing at all? Or, perhaps I mean arbitrary?

Very confusing topic, this.

Avoice
Subject:
[Replying to post 5 by koko]

Sorry to hear of the forced conversions

koko
Subject:
duBois wrote:

Interesting. My father's family were anusim as well. Hopefully, in my view, Jewish identity is not limited to genealogy but carries some connection to Jewish values. That is my hope anyway.

Values may possibly be a factor as to whether one is truly Jewish. The Bible tells us the prime determinant is bloodline. Today we often say other factors may override this teaching. In the New Testament it is written ''let every man be persuaded in his own mind" (Romans 14). I remain mindful of the concept of refraining from undue judgment of others and will leave this issue up to the beholder.

koko
Subject:
Avoice wrote:

Sorry to hear of the forced conversions

Yes, the forced conversions which the Sephardic Jews endured was one of history's biggest tragedies. Many of these surviving "Marranos" moved to Northwest Africa, the Balkans-Asia Minor, or Latin America.

For those who wish to know if their ancestors were Judios they may check the following roster: http://www.sephardicgen.com/databases/SephardimCom2009.htm

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: