How can we trust the Bible if it's not inerrant?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

How can we trust the Bible if it's not inerrant?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

From the On the Bible being inerrant thread:
nobspeople wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:42 amHow can you trust something that's written about god that contradictory, contains errors and just plain wrong at times? Is there a logical way to do so, or do you just want it to be god's word so much that you overlook these things like happens so often through the history of christianity?
otseng wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:08 am The Bible can still be God's word, inspired, authoritative, and trustworthy without the need to believe in inerrancy.
For debate:
How can the Bible be considered authoritative and inspired without the need to believe in the doctrine of inerrancy?

While debating, do not simply state verses to say the Bible is inspired or trustworthy.

----------

Thread Milestones

POI
Prodigy

Re: Might makes right

Post #4041

Post by POI »

(U) As I've noted, since our intuitions are fallen, our intuition can be flawed, whether we believe male on male sex is either right or wrong. So, though intuition can be guide, it cannot be the ultimate guide on what is objectively right or wrong.

POI How exactly might one know if their intuitions are fallen/flawed, verses not?

Also, you still have not answered my repeated simple question. Do your intuitions tell you ALL male-on-male anal sex is an abomination? Yes or no?

(U) There is no ability to reproduce in such a case, so no, it is not using my logic.

POI The vagina has more than one use, just like the anus. So no, your logic does not stand. Hence, "it's still obvious" the anus was also designed for the penis to go up inside of it.

(U) I'm not the one deflecting when I point out your arguments are irrelevant to the current discussion.

POI My argument is most certainly not irrelevant. You brought up the "design" of the vagina. I'm shedding further light on the "design", or lack-there-of... What kind of designer would create a female's junk to share the same exact path with their sewage system, (prone to infection and death)? I'd instead say it's obvious you either have a crappy designer, or, no designer at all.

(U) As I've mentioned, there are no qualifications mentioned in the Old Testament, so why should your qualifications make it acceptable?

POI We've been over this... If one is the age of consent, the act is not violent, and the couple is monogamous, why would male-on-male anal sex still be an abomination? Is it merely because God says so? And/or does he have reason(s) why it is still bad?

(U) From an Old Testament perspective, there is no statement all anal sex is wrong. There are many sexual practices the Bible does not mention. What is right or wrong for all those cases? It's up to one's personal reasoning and conscience to decide.

POI That sounds very subjective, for someone who claims morals are objective. What is THE answer? Is all human anal sex an abomination or not? In order to make any headway here, we need to know. You are the one who is trying to water down what the Bible says about the topic of 'homosexuality'.

(U) Like I said, I'm not using intuition to determine what the Bible says nor how to decide what is right or wrong. Intuition is a guide, but since it is fallen, it cannot be a reliable guide in all situations.

If the Bible is reliable and authoritative, then it has the authority to claim what is right and wrong.

POI Your answer is bewildering... You state "objective morals" are gathered from our intuitive senses. But this is apparently not actually the case at all. You then throw out an (if/then) proposition, for which either one of us can do towards any hypothetical scenario.

Thus, I ask anew.... How might one actually assess the rightness or wrongness of a claim given from the Bible, or any other claimed authoritative holy book for that matter?

(U) Now your turn, if we can't trust our intuition, then how can we determine what is right or wrong?

POI The same way we assess if someone or something is tall or short, fat or skinny, expensive or cheap, etc etc etc... I tried to elaborate using economics, but you will not have it. Whether we are speaking about a moral assessment, or an amoral assessment, it really makes no difference. (i.e.) It's objective if Sam has $100.00 more dollars than Sally, because we can count what they have and assess an objective number value for each person. But, by using WHAT standard are we to then determine if Sam is rich or poor? The second you place such words, like "rich", "poor", "bad", "good", "fat", "skinny", etc etc etc, you can start by asking, 'according to who?' Okay, I'm asking your asserted Bible-God?...

...I'm evaluating some assertions from the Bible-God and his asserted 'authoritative nature', and pointing out how they do not make logical sense against some of his given rules/commands/etc. This holds true with the last two topics, (slavery and this one). I now want to know WHY the Bible God thinks ALL male-on-male anal sex is an actual abomination???? Is it merely an arbitrary rule which makes no logical sense at all, or, are there actual reason(s) for him thinking so? If so, what are those reason(s) to think ALL male-on-male anal sex is an abomination?
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

otseng
Savant

Post #4042

Post by otseng »

POI wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:36 am (U) As I've noted, since our intuitions are fallen, our intuition can be flawed, whether we believe male on male sex is either right or wrong. So, though intuition can be guide, it cannot be the ultimate guide on what is objectively right or wrong.

POI How exactly might one know if their intuitions are fallen/flawed, verses not?
The only reliable way to know if something is objectively right or wrong is from an authoritative source. If our intuitions are contrary to it, then our intuition is incorrect.
Also, you still have not answered my repeated simple question. Do your intuitions tell you ALL male-on-male anal sex is an abomination? Yes or no?
I have no intuitive opinion on it. Further, do you not agree we cannot trust our intuitions?
POI wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:22 pm POI Then we should not trust our intuitions, as it applies to having a gut feeling about what is (right and wrong)?
(U) There is no ability to reproduce in such a case, so no, it is not using my logic.

POI The vagina has more than one use, just like the anus. So no, your logic does not stand. Hence, "it's still obvious" the anus was also designed for the penis to go up inside of it.
Everything has more than one purpose, but just because there is a hole somewhere does not mean it is obvious anything should go into that hole.
POI My argument is most certainly not irrelevant. You brought up the "design" of the vagina. I'm shedding further light on the "design", or lack-there-of... What kind of designer would create a female's junk to share the same exact path with their sewage system, (prone to infection and death)? I'd instead say it's obvious you either have a crappy designer, or, no designer at all.
This is the variation of the omnipotent God argument by imagining a hypothetical perfect design. There is no need for God to be a "perfect" designer.

In human designs as well, things are not perfect and have flaws, but they are still designed. Nobody claims since iPhones have flaws in them that Apple engineers are either crappy designers or they don't exist at all.
(U) As I've mentioned, there are no qualifications mentioned in the Old Testament, so why should your qualifications make it acceptable?

POI We've been over this... If one is the age of consent, the act is not violent, and the couple is monogamous, why would male-on-male anal sex still be an abomination? Is it merely because God says so? And/or does he have reason(s) why it is still bad?
Yes, we've covered this before.

I've offered religious and secular reasons why it is considered wrong. You've offered no Biblical counter-arguments and only offered secular counter-arguments.

It is only the Bible that is labeling it an abomination, so without a Biblical counter-argument, you have not answered why there could be cases where it would not be an abomination. And actually, I can think of a Biblical counter-argument where there could be qualifications for it, but I'll leave it up to you and others to research that out.
(U) From an Old Testament perspective, there is no statement all anal sex is wrong. There are many sexual practices the Bible does not mention. What is right or wrong for all those cases? It's up to one's personal reasoning and conscience to decide.

POI That sounds very subjective, for someone who claims morals are objective. What is THE answer? Is all human anal sex an abomination or not? In order to make any headway here, we need to know. You are the one who is trying to water down what the Bible says about the topic of 'homosexuality'.
Nobody is claiming all morals are objective. Morals can either be subjective or objective.

Not sure what you mean by trying to "water down". All I'm showing is what the Bible says and does not say.
(U) Like I said, I'm not using intuition to determine what the Bible says nor how to decide what is right or wrong. Intuition is a guide, but since it is fallen, it cannot be a reliable guide in all situations.

If the Bible is reliable and authoritative, then it has the authority to claim what is right and wrong.

POI Your answer is bewildering... You state "objective morals" are gathered from our intuitive senses. But this is apparently not actually the case at all. You then throw out an (if/then) proposition, for which either one of us can do towards any hypothetical scenario.
Where did I state "objective morals are gathered from our intuitive senses"?
Thus, I ask anew.... How might one actually assess the rightness or wrongness of a claim given from the Bible, or any other claimed authoritative holy book for that matter?
If the Bible is authoritative, then it determines what is right and wrong for the jurisdiction of all those that accept its authority. So, the fundamental issue is why should the Bible be considered authoritative? And this is what the entire thread is about.

And before someone again charges me with a circular argument on ethics. Again, I'm not using the ethics presented in the Bible as an argument for the authority of the Bible. The arguments for the authority of the Bible has been discussed for first 335 pages of this thread before I even started on the discussion of ethics.

The issue of ethics is one might not like the ethics presented. But that does not mean God does not exist or the Bible is false if one does not like the ethics.
(U) Now your turn, if we can't trust our intuition, then how can we determine what is right or wrong?

POI The same way we assess if someone or something is tall or short, fat or skinny, expensive or cheap, etc etc etc... I tried to elaborate using economics, but you will not have it. Whether we are speaking about a moral assessment, or an amoral assessment, it really makes no difference. (i.e.) It's objective if Sam has $100.00 more dollars than Sally, because we can count what they have and assess an objective number value for each person. But, by using WHAT standard are we to then determine if Sam is rich or poor? The second you place such words, like "rich", "poor", "bad", "good", "fat", "skinny", etc etc etc, you can start by asking, 'according to who?' Okay, I'm asking your asserted Bible-God?...
I've already argued your examples of "economics" is not relevant. The fundamental issue of ethics is how things ought to be, not how things actually are. Saying Sam has $100 more than Sally is a statement of how things are, not how things ought to be. The entire field of economics is describing how things are and does not address how things ought to be.
...I'm evaluating some assertions from the Bible-God and his asserted 'authoritative nature', and pointing out how they do not make logical sense against some of his given rules/commands/etc. This holds true with the last two topics, (slavery and this one).
I've given my concluding arguments on both already:
* Slavery summary argument
* Summary argument on homosexuality

Feel free to give your summary arguments why they do not make logical sense.
I now want to know WHY the Bible God thinks ALL male-on-male anal sex is an actual abomination???? Is it merely an arbitrary rule which makes no logical sense at all, or, are there actual reason(s) for him thinking so? If so, what are those reason(s) to think ALL male-on-male anal sex is an abomination?
If you're looking for Biblical arguments to allow gays to engage in sex without being condemned, as I've mentioned, there are Biblical arguments that do exist. But I'll leave it to you (and others) to present those.

Masterblaster
Sage

Re: How can we trust the Bible if it's not inerrant?

Post #4043

Post by Masterblaster »

Hello

Is there perhaps an indication that this wandering wistfulness, is about to end soon. I can but hope!

Otseng - "The only reliable way to know if something is objectively right or wrong is from an authoritative source. If our intuitions are contrary to it, then our intuition is incorrect"

I went back to the start,.....my God!

Take this wisdom from post 173

Otseng says...."By necessity, from both God's perspective and our perspective, there should be some written document to serve as the ultimate authority. God knew there'd be no way to objectively counter people who abuse their power without a written source of authority. So, God provided the Bible as the means to be the authority over the church.

I operate this forum because I believe Christianity is true. If Christianity is false, I'll let someone else run another forum (and save a lot of my money and time as well).

If the resurrection of Jesus did not happen, it's not just the authority of the Bible that is in question, all of Christianity is falsified."

Can you not see that this is a complete house of cards, Otseng....! There is nothing to stand on in any of it! Your favourite word is 'If'
Thanks and a Happy Easter to All....even the poor rudderless Hindus of Post 173.
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

otseng
Savant

Post #4044

Post by otseng »

Masterblaster wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:44 pm Is there perhaps an indication that this wandering wistfulness, is about to end soon. I can but hope!
I've already given my summary arguments on ethics and homosexuality, so I've already ended it on my side.
Can you not see that this is a complete house of cards, Otseng....! There is nothing to stand on in any of it! Your favourite word is 'If'
Well, it's more baseless assertions like this that drag out the debate. But, soon I'll move on to my next argument for the reliability and trustworthiness of the Bible.

Masterblaster
Sage

Post #4045

Post by Masterblaster »

[Replying to otseng in post #4044]

Hello otseng

I was just considering the same stuff myself...are you reading me?

Masterblaster...on the 'Gut feeling...thread'

"Take this one, structure and cohesion. Does it exist? Is a H2O molecule cohesive? Is a galaxy cohesive or is this concept just mental delusion.
Are things trustworthy by their nature or is the idea of faith in something absurd. Do you trust the moon to pull the tides or is it dodgy. Can a thing be trustworthy...like a metal bar. What about day and night,....the seasons, weather, earthquakes, etc
What is cohesion?What is trustworthiness?
Are these attributes physical objectiveness or mental assimilations.

Can you stop the tide tomorrow? Why not?
Can anything be described as ' working'
Is this more fallacy?
What do you think?
-----

otseng, save yourself some time here....you are going to show that the Bible is reliable and trustworthy.....a book that has more additions to it over the ages than a comic series( I loved the Beano, and Hotspur). Yes there is good stuff in it otseng, no argument there, yes you can bet your house on some of it,...again no argument there. If I check tide times and weather variables in an Almanac before I go sailing and I have a few drinks and forget my life-jacket, then my demise is on me. No human book can save you, otseng
I cannot even achieve trustworthy status for the moon, ..an unfailing entity that perpetually begets life. Surely, the reliability and the trustworthiness of the Bible is a matter of degree, conjecture,nuance and attitude. It is an after-dinner scrabble game for an old folks home.
Your declared attitude makes this topic a non-starter...deal with this assertion first.

Otseng.."By necessity, from both God's perspective and our perspective, there should be some written document to serve as the ultimate authority. God knew there'd be no way to objectively counter people who abuse their power without a written source of authority. So, God provided the Bible as the means to be the authority over the church.

1.Where did you get God's perspective from?
2.Why should there be...?
3.How do you know that God knew?
So God made the Bible...if you answer the first three ,I will concede the fourth.
Thanks
'Love God with all you have and love others in the same way.'

Mae von H
Sage

Post #4046

Post by Mae von H »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:24 am
otseng wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:35 am From the On the Bible being inerrant thread:
nobspeople wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:42 amHow can you trust something that's written about god that contradictory, contains errors and just plain wrong at times? Is there a logical way to do so, or do you just want it to be god's word so much that you overlook these things like happens so often through the history of christianity?
otseng wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:08 am The Bible can still be God's word, inspired, authoritative, and trustworthy without the need to believe in inerrancy.
For debate:
How can the Bible be considered authoritative and inspired without the need to believe in the doctrine of inerrancy?

While debating, do not simply state verses to say the Bible is inspired or trustworthy.
By choosing to believe it is.
People can believe anything they want, no matter of the facts or lack of.
What to believe a seven headed, purple platypus lives at the core of the flat earth, and pays for baby teeth given to him by angels with gold pressed latinum on the seventeenth Thursday of every week, but only during Leap Years that end with an odd digit?
Good news:
You can!
Just ignore all the ignorant things stated above that you know are wrong, find a couple random verses of some text somewhere that you convince yourself applies, then have at it!
It's really very simple.
The above is generally called fooling or lying to yourself. It’s very unwise and only works until the stakes are high. No man dies for what he KNOWS to be a lie. Most won’t even take small risks but immediately confess rather than suffer.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #4047

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Masterblaster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:03 am [Replying to otseng in post #4044]

Hello otseng

I was just considering the same stuff myself...are you reading me?

Masterblaster...on the 'Gut feeling...thread'

"Take this one, structure and cohesion. Does it exist? Is a H2O molecule cohesive? Is a galaxy cohesive or is this concept just mental delusion.
Are things trustworthy by their nature or is the idea of faith in something absurd. Do you trust the moon to pull the tides or is it dodgy. Can a thing be trustworthy...like a metal bar. What about day and night,....the seasons, weather, earthquakes, etc
What is cohesion?What is trustworthiness?
Are these attributes physical objectiveness or mental assimilations.

Can you stop the tide tomorrow? Why not?
Can anything be described as ' working'
Is this more fallacy?
What do you think?
-----

otseng, save yourself some time here....you are going to show that the Bible is reliable and trustworthy.....a book that has more additions to it over the ages than a comic series( I loved the Beano, and Hotspur). Yes there is good stuff in it otseng, no argument there, yes you can bet your house on some of it,...again no argument there. If I check tide times and weather variables in an Almanac before I go sailing and I have a few drinks and forget my life-jacket, then my demise is on me. No human book can save you, otseng
I cannot even achieve trustworthy status for the moon, ..an unfailing entity that perpetually begets life. Surely, the reliability and the trustworthiness of the Bible is a matter of degree, conjecture,nuance and attitude. It is an after-dinner scrabble game for an old folks home.
Your declared attitude makes this topic a non-starter...deal with this assertion first.

Otseng.."By necessity, from both God's perspective and our perspective, there should be some written document to serve as the ultimate authority. God knew there'd be no way to objectively counter people who abuse their power without a written source of authority. So, God provided the Bible as the means to be the authority over the church.

1.Where did you get God's perspective from?
2.Why should there be...?
3.How do you know that God knew?
So God made the Bible...if you answer the first three ,I will concede the fourth.
Thanks
Faith is of course a blunderbus word,like love. It is subject to equivocation. Which is why I prefer to use 'belief' for something based on evidence (and open to a rethink) and "Faith" for a belief held despite evidence, which is just what we find with the Christian apologetics.

Faith in physics, science and evolution is based on evidence. The Bible - beleivers seem to cherry pick which bits of science they accept and which they reject - depending on whether it conflicts with their Faith or not.

They accept that the earth goes around the sun and the earth is not flat. But they often reject evolution, even though the evidence for it is strong. The denial of evolution (and 'who started Life?'is irrelevant here) is a dogma that they will not transgress, because it undermines Genesis.

Nearer home, the resurrection is where Christianity stands or falls. I argue that the contradictions show it is a false narrative (like the nativities), but Faith requires that the clear evidence be denied.

I absolutely get why, but the evidence of the written page is as compelling as the cetan sequence. I guess the idea (of my saying it is not to convince the denialist but the browsers) is to give the evidence to those to come, not to get the current crop of Dogmatists to admit the Bible is wrong. We have seen they will never do it, even if the Bible itself (effectively) says so.

POI
Prodigy

Post #4048

Post by POI »

(U) The only reliable way to know if something is objectively right or wrong is from an authoritative source. If our intuitions are contrary to it, then our intuition is incorrect.

POI By what mechanism(s) is one to know what IS this 'authoritative source'? Thus far, you have placed forth the mechanism of intuition. And yet, admit this mechanism of intuition is flawed.

(U) I have no intuitive opinion on it.

POI Sounds fishy to me Otseng.

(U) Everything has more than one purpose, but just because there is a hole somewhere does not mean it is obvious anything should go into that hole.

POI This is not what I said. I said " "it's still obvious" the anus was also designed for the penis to go up inside of it.".

(U) This is the variation of the omnipotent God argument by imagining a hypothetical perfect design. There is no need for God to be a "perfect" designer.

POI My examples instead suggest a very clumsy designer, or no designer at all - (instead suggesting random cumulative processes). Not instead that the 'designer' lacks mere perfection.

(U) In human designs as well, things are not perfect and have flaws, but they are still designed. Nobody claims since iPhones have flaws in them that Apple engineers are either crappy designers or they don't exist at all.

POI If your argument is to compare the argued "authoritative source" directly against an employee for Apple, sobeit :approve: Only an inept designer, or an intentionally destructive designer, would create the three observations I have mentioned, thus far.

(U) I can think of a Biblical counter-argument where there could be qualifications for it, but I'll leave it up to you and others to research that out.

POI Maybe this time, we will actually get somewhere... According to this 'hypothetical source', why are ALL male-on-male anal sex practices considered an abomination? Or is ALL such acts actually considered sinful?

(U) Nobody is claiming all morals are objective. Morals can either be subjective or objective.

POI Is declaring ALL male-on-male anal sex practices as abomination considered (subjective or objective)?

(U) Not sure what you mean by trying to "water down". All I'm showing is what the Bible says and does not say.

POI And because the Bible does not come right out and say that homosexuality is a sin, it means it's not, and millions of Christians are mistaken? At minimum, your claimed authoritative source lacks clear communication about this entire topic which causes countless grief.

(U) Where did I state "objective morals are gathered from our intuitive senses"?

POI I made an entirely new topic focused on this statement: http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=41552

(U) The arguments for the authority of the Bible has been discussed for first 335 pages of this thread before I even started on the discussion of ethics.

POI And you feel the first 335 paged settled the debate as to (whether or not) the Bible is THE "authoritative source", as opposed to yet just another ancient collection of primitive writings, and their human opinions? If so, why still with the (if/then) responses? i.e. "If the Bible is authoritative, then it determines what is right and wrong"

(U) I've given my concluding arguments on both already:
* Slavery summary argument
* Summary argument on homosexuality

Feel free to give your summary arguments why they do not make logical sense.

POI For "slavery", post 3830. A claimed human loving God would not condone some humans owning others as lifetime chattel slavery or property.

For the topic of 'homosexuality', still addressing your responses.

(U) If you're looking for Biblical arguments to allow gays to engage in sex without being condemned, as I've mentioned, there are Biblical arguments that do exist. But I'll leave it to you (and others) to present those.

POI So all male-on-male anal sex is not an abomination after all?
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #4049

Post by TRANSPONDER »

It's remarkable how God seems almost as obsessed with sex as humans are. It might be what one would expect from a god that tells you to slaughter the enemy tribe, kill them all including women and children, but keep the ones so young they can't have been had yet and make them your Property. It's almost as though Gods were created in our own image. Just as the religious art suggests.

As for sex, I avoid these debates as to me sex is the business of the consenting adults involved and nobody else's. Certainly not the ignorant and hag - ridden Holybook writes of the past, nor yet the misguided believers of today who think they have anything to tell us other than that Ol' tyme religion isn't good enough for anyone today.

otseng
Savant

Re: homosexuality

Post #4050

Post by otseng »

POI wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:06 am (U) The only reliable way to know if something is objectively right or wrong is from an authoritative source. If our intuitions are contrary to it, then our intuition is incorrect.

POI By what mechanism(s) is one to know what IS this 'authoritative source'?
What is the authoritative source that is being discussed? The Bible of course.
Thus far, you have placed forth the mechanism of intuition. And yet, admit this mechanism of intuition is flawed.
What are you referring to? Homosexuality? No, I've never offered intuition to argue about homosexuality.
(U) Everything has more than one purpose, but just because there is a hole somewhere does not mean it is obvious anything should go into that hole.

POI This is not what I said. I said " "it's still obvious" the anus was also designed for the penis to go up inside of it.".
It's obvious? No, it was not designed for that. How was it designed for that?
POI My examples instead suggest a very clumsy designer, or no designer at all - (instead suggesting random cumulative processes). Not instead that the 'designer' lacks mere perfection.

Only an inept designer, or an intentionally destructive designer, would create the three observations I have mentioned, thus far.
For you to claim it's a very clumsy design, you'll need to offer a viable design that is much better.
(U) I can think of a Biblical counter-argument where there could be qualifications for it, but I'll leave it up to you and others to research that out.

POI Maybe this time, we will actually get somewhere... According to this 'hypothetical source', why are ALL male-on-male anal sex practices considered an abomination? Or is ALL such acts actually considered sinful?
How are we getting somewhere if you're not willing to go and research what are the arguments and present them?
(U) Nobody is claiming all morals are objective. Morals can either be subjective or objective.

POI Is declaring ALL male-on-male anal sex practices as abomination considered (subjective or objective)?
Yes, male on male sex would be objectively wrong.
POI And because the Bible does not come right out and say that homosexuality is a sin, it means it's not, and millions of Christians are mistaken? At minimum, your claimed authoritative source lacks clear communication about this entire topic which causes countless grief.
Where did I say homosexuality is a sin? All I'm claiming is male on male sex is a sin.

It is entirely possible to be a homosexual and not engage in male on male sex. It's also possible to be a hetereosexual and engage in male on male sex.
(U) Where did I state "objective morals are gathered from our intuitive senses"?

POI I made an entirely new topic focused on this statement: http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=41552
Bottom line, I've never stated that and it's just more twisting of my words.
POI And you feel the first 335 paged settled the debate as to (whether or not) the Bible is THE "authoritative source", as opposed to yet just another ancient collection of primitive writings, and their human opinions? If so, why still with the (if/then) responses? i.e. "If the Bible is authoritative, then it determines what is right and wrong"
Who says I've settled the debate on the authority of the Bible? All I claim is I've presented arguments and evidence to support the Bible is authoritative and reliable. People are then free to decide for themselves the strength of the arguments and either accept or reject that the Bible is authoritative. If they accept it is authoritative, then it would dictate what is right.
A claimed human loving God would not condone some humans owning others as lifetime chattel slavery or property.
I've also addressed this in the summary.
(U) If you're looking for Biblical arguments to allow gays to engage in sex without being condemned, as I've mentioned, there are Biblical arguments that do exist. But I'll leave it to you (and others) to present those.

POI So all male-on-male anal sex is not an abomination after all?
It's up to you to find the Biblical arguments and present it, then we can debate it.