Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #71

Post by Athetotheist »

[media][/media][Replying to 1213 in post #69
Are you saying Jews are not gathered back? By what I see, it started when Israel declared Independence 1948. Since then many Jews have come back to their home. And I think that is one of the greatest examples of Bible being true in incredible way.
As you yourself quoted [with my emphases]:

"If any of your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of the heavens, from there will Yahweh your God gather you, and from there will he bring you back"

Are you saying there aren't any who haven't been gathered back? Look at how many Jews still live scattered around the world.

The prophecy is supposed to be about Jehovah gathering all of them back from the nations. I don't know of any prophecy about some of them being gathered back by the [United] Nations.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #72

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #70]
The nation of biblical nation of Israel were rejected as God's people following their own rejection of Jesus Christ.
That's a Christian claim.

It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. (Hebrews 8:9)

=/=

It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them, declares the Lord
. (Jeremiah 31:32)

The author of Hebrews clearly misunderstands what the Jewish Bible says about Israel.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #73

Post by kjw47 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:06 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:29 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Literal Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse 39 for over 1950 years, they never will. Spiritual Israel - meaning Gods chosen is who revelation refers to. These serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHWH(Jehovah) just as every true worshipper has all throughout history.
Matt 23:38-39 says no such thing. The combing of the house of Judah and the house of Ephraim under the leadership of David on the land given to Jacob has not occurred and will not occur until "after two days" (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15 - 6:2). According to Hosea 3, the "sons of Israel/Jacob" will "return" and seek their God, and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days."(Hosea 3:5) We are now in the "last days"/"end of the age"/"end time" (Daniel 12:9-13 & Matt 13:30) when "first" the "tares" will be "gathered" and thrown into "the furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon), and then the "wheat" will be put into the barn. Judah (Jews) has been established in the land given to Jacob, and now the nations/Gentiles will be brought against Jerusalem (house of David and Judah) (Zech 14:1-2) and be crushed, and then Ephraim/Israel will be gathered out of the nations and combined with the house of Judah and returned to the land given to Jacob under the rulership of David (Ez 36:24-28).

Israelite religion will never do Matt 23:39-- you are mistaken in your belief.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #74

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:40 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

Literal Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse 39 for over 1950 years, they never will. Spiritual Israel - meaning Gods chosen is who revelation refers to. These serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHWH(Jehovah) just as every true worshipper has all throughout history.
Matt 23:38-39 says no such thing. The combing of the house of Judah and the house of Ephraim under the leadership of David on the land given to Jacob has not occurred and will not occur until "after two days" (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15 - 6:2). According to Hosea 3, the "sons of Israel/Jacob" will "return" and seek their God, and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days."(Hosea 3:5) We are now in the "last days"/"end of the age"/"end time" (Daniel 12:9-13 & Matt 13:30) when "first" the "tares" will be "gathered" and thrown into "the furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon), and then the "wheat" will be put into the barn. Judah (Jews) has been established in the land given to Jacob, and now the nations/Gentiles will be brought against Jerusalem (house of David and Judah) (Zech 14:1-2) and be crushed, and then Ephraim/Israel will be gathered out of the nations and combined with the house of Judah and returned to the land given to Jacob under the rulership of David (Ez 36:24-28).

(NASB) Matthew 23:39 reads: "For I say to you, from now on you shall not see me until you say, "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD".

It is not until after 2000 years, 2 days, per Hosea 5:15-6:2 that Israel/Ephraim and Judah will "return to the LORD" and "He will heal us". There is no "Israelite religion". Ephraim/Israel, the 10 northern tribes made their own religion in the image of the Gentile religion, and bowed to the Lord Baal, and therefore where "scattered among the nations" (Ezekiel 36:19-24) where they remain to this day, yet to be "gathered out" and returned to the land given to Jacob. I think you and the "many" (Matthew 7:15) are on the wide path to "destruction", by following the "false prophets" of Matthew 7:15.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #75

Post by kjw47 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:41 pm

(NASB) Matthew 23:39 reads: "For I say to you, from now on you shall not see me until you say, "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD".

It is not until after 2000 years, 2 days, per Hosea 5:15-6:2 that Israel/Ephraim and Judah will "return to the LORD" and "He will heal us". There is no "Israelite religion". Ephraim/Israel, the 10 northern tribes made their own religion in the image of the Gentile religion, and bowed to the Lord Baal, and therefore where "scattered among the nations" (Ezekiel 36:19-24) where they remain to this day, yet to be "gathered out" and returned to the land given to Jacob. I think you and the "many" (Matthew 7:15) are on the wide path to "destruction", by following the "false prophets" of Matthew 7:15.

I know my teachers have Jesus. Spiritual Israel meaning Gods chosen belong to Jesus. Literal Israel rejects him every step of the way.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #76

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:06 pm

I know my teachers have Jesus. Spiritual Israel meaning Gods chosen belong to Jesus. Literal Israel rejects him every step of the way.
According to the "Word", the teachers/shepherds of "Israel", the "shepherds" have not fed or healed the sheep, and will be replaced by David, and the "fat shepherds", will be "destroyed". (Ezekiel 34:1-5 & 16 & 23). As for Yeshua, "Jesus", he sits at the right hand of the LORD until the LORD puts his enemies at his feet. (Psalms 110:1). The son of man had to go to heaven in order to send the "Helper". One needs the anointing/Helper (1 John 2:27) to discern the "Word" or they remain with eyes which cannot see (Matthew 13:14). The Lord, the son of man, remains in heaven until "immediately after" "day of the LORD" (Matthew 24:29). God's elect belong to God, and David is to be their king and shepherd (Ezekiel 34:23), as well as ruling over the nations/Gentiles with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15). The sons of Israel/Jacob, Judah and Ephraim, will "return" and be "healed" in 2 days (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15-6:2)

New American Standard Bible
A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

Savant

Post #77

Post by 1213 »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:47 am [media][/media][Replying to 1213 in post #69
Are you saying Jews are not gathered back? By what I see, it started when Israel declared Independence 1948. Since then many Jews have come back to their home. And I think that is one of the greatest examples of Bible being true in incredible way.
As you yourself quoted [with my emphases]:

"If any of your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of the heavens, from there will Yahweh your God gather you, and from there will he bring you back"

Are you saying there aren't any who haven't been gathered back? Look at how many Jews still live scattered around the world.

The prophecy is supposed to be about Jehovah gathering all of them back from the nations. I don't know of any prophecy about some of them being gathered back by the [United] Nations.
Not all that should be are necessary yet gathered back, but it seems to be happening since they got the land back. No reason to think it should be instant for all.

And it is possible that God does it by using for example UN or something else.

Savant

Post #78

Post by 1213 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:45 am
1213 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:00 am By what I see, it started when Israel declared Independence 1948. Since then many Jews have come back to their home. And I think that is one of the greatest examples of Bible being true in incredible way.
No. The prophecies pertaining to the return of the Jews to their homeland were fulfilled in 539 when the exiled Jews were released from Baylonian captivity and returned to rebuild the temple by order of CYRUS...
Sorry, I disagree with that, because the prophesy says "gather you from all the peoples", which I think understands means not just one nation, but from many nations.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #79

Post by kjw47 »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:45 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:06 pm

According to the "Word", the teachers/shepherds of "Israel", the "shepherds" have not fed or healed the sheep, and will be replaced by David, and the "fat shepherds", will be "destroyed". (Ezekiel 34:1-5 & 16 & 23). As for Yeshua, "Jesus", he sits at the right hand of the LORD until the LORD puts his enemies at his feet. (Psalms 110:1). The son of man had to go to heaven in order to send the "Helper". One needs the anointing/Helper (1 John 2:27) to discern the "Word" or they remain with eyes which cannot see (Matthew 13:14). The Lord, the son of man, remains in heaven until "immediately after" "day of the LORD" (Matthew 24:29). God's elect belong to God, and David is to be their king and shepherd (Ezekiel 34:23), as well as ruling over the nations/Gentiles with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15). The sons of Israel/Jacob, Judah and Ephraim, will "return" and be "healed" in 2 days (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15-6:2)

New American Standard Bible
A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

Jesus is the king. David will not be. Its Jesus who rules with a rod of iron. Yes--YHWH said to my Lord( Jesus)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #80

Post by JehovahsWitness »

1213 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:59 am Sorry, I disagree with that, because the prophesy says "gather you from all the peoples", which I think understands means not just one nation, but from many nations.
The full,prophecy reads ...
DEUTERONOMY 30:3
Jehovah your God will then bring back your [1] captives and show you mercy and [2] regather you from all the peoples where Jehovah your God has scattered you
The only time the Jews were CAPTIVES was during the Assyrian / Baylonian conquests. The ten tribes were dispersed throughout the Assyrian empire and the survivors of Judah were taken to babylon. Both empires exercised dominion over various ethnic and national groups, thus the exiled Jews found themselves living amongst people of various "peoples". It was from this situation they were eventually regathered.

For more details that point to the 5th century BCE see related posts below.

RELATED POSTS
To whom does the prophecy of the regathering of Israel pertain? (Deut 30:3)
viewtopic.php?p=1098576#p1098576

Were the 10 tribe Northern tribes "LOST" ?
viewtopic.php?p=1094390#p1094390

Is the modern day STATE OF ISRAEL doomed to destruction?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 18#p956218
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM , THE 144, 000 and .... SPIRITUAL ISRAEL
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8