Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Re: Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #61

Post by thomasdixon »

Not unless Israel arose from the dead.
King James Bible
And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
8-)

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #62

Post by thomasdixon »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible.
In the end, after .,,.,In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Is the land of “Israel” their true ancient homeland?
Promised Land
Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him,
Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab

Ezekiel1
And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
12 Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh.
17 I will also smite mine hands together, and I will cause my fury to rest: I the LORD have said it.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

The Lord Has Spoken 8-)

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #63

Post by Athetotheist »

dad1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:29 pm
Miles wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:39 am Mark 13:29
So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Mark 13:30
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
" all these things will happen while some of the people are still living
What some of what people? The people who see those things.
You have Jesus saying, "All these things will be seen by the people who see them." That's a tautology.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #64

Post by Athetotheist »

According to these guys, no.

https://www.truetorahjews.org/shavous-making-nation

Savant

Post #65

Post by 1213 »

Athetotheist wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:04 am Did God restore Israel in 1948?
It depends on what is meant with restoring. If restoring means that God gathers Jews back to their land, then I think it is happening and it is true that God is restoring them.

...then Yahweh your God will turn your captivity, and have compassion on you, and will return and gather you from all the peoples, where Yahweh your God has scattered you. If any of your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of the heavens, from there will Yahweh your God gather you, and from there will he bring you back:
Deuteronomy 30:1-4

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #66

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to 1213 in post #65
If any of your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of the heavens, from there will Yahweh your God gather you, and from there will he bring you back
So it's one of those "it-hasn't-happened-so-let's-pretend-that-it's-just-happening-really-slowly" prophecies?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #67

Post by kjw47 »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

Literal Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse 39 for over 1950 years, they never will. Spiritual Israel - meaning Gods chosen is who revelation refers to. These serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHWH(Jehovah) just as every true worshipper has all throughout history.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #68

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:29 pm
dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

Literal Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse 39 for over 1950 years, they never will. Spiritual Israel - meaning Gods chosen is who revelation refers to. These serve the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHWH(Jehovah) just as every true worshipper has all throughout history.
Matt 23:38-39 says no such thing. The combing of the house of Judah and the house of Ephraim under the leadership of David on the land given to Jacob has not occurred and will not occur until "after two days" (2000 years) (Hosea 5:15 - 6:2). According to Hosea 3, the "sons of Israel/Jacob" will "return" and seek their God, and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days."(Hosea 3:5) We are now in the "last days"/"end of the age"/"end time" (Daniel 12:9-13 & Matt 13:30) when "first" the "tares" will be "gathered" and thrown into "the furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon), and then the "wheat" will be put into the barn. Judah (Jews) has been established in the land given to Jacob, and now the nations/Gentiles will be brought against Jerusalem (house of David and Judah) (Zech 14:1-2) and be crushed, and then Ephraim/Israel will be gathered out of the nations and combined with the house of Judah and returned to the land given to Jacob under the rulership of David (Ez 36:24-28).

Savant

Post #69

Post by 1213 »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:09 am [Replying to 1213 in post #65
If any of your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of the heavens, from there will Yahweh your God gather you, and from there will he bring you back
So it's one of those "it-hasn't-happened-so-let's-pretend-that-it's-just-happening-really-slowly" prophecies?
Are you saying Jews are not gathered back? By what I see, it started when Israel declared Independence 1948. Since then many Jews have come back to their home. And I think that is one of the greatest examples of Bible being true in incredible way.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #70

Post by JehovahsWitness »

1213 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:00 am By what I see, it started when Israel declared Independence 1948. Since then many Jews have come back to their home. And I think that is one of the greatest examples of Bible being true in incredible way.
No. The prophecies pertaining to the return of the Jews to their homeland were fulfilled in 539 when the exiled Jews were released from Baylonian captivity and returned to rebuild the temple by order of CYRUS THE GREAT. Biblically the establishment of the political state of Isael has nothing to do with the messianic prophecies.

1. The nation of biblical nation of Israel were rejected as God's people following their own rejection of Jesus Christ.

1. The political State of Israel gained their militaries victories (1948/1967) through carnel warfare not through divine intervention.

3. Biblical references to "Israel" in the Christian Greek scriptures refer to the SPIRITUAL nation of born again Christians.

4. The modern day political State of Israel are part of the wild beast of Revelation that will be destoyed when Christ returns in kingdom power

According to the bible, individuals who are physical descendents of Abraham and all subjects of the any political State (including the State of Israel) have but to submit to the reigning king Christ Jesus to be spared annihilation at his return.

JW

RELATED POSTS
To whom does the prophecy of the regathering of Israel pertain? (Deut 30:3)
viewtopic.php?p=1098576#p1098576

Were the 10 tribe Northern tribes "LOST" ?
viewtopic.php?p=1094390#p1094390

Is the modern day STATE OF ISRAEL doomed to destruction?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 18#p956218
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM , THE 144, 000 and .... SPIRITUAL ISRAEL
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8