What the ORIGINAL SIN really is. And why Christians are guilty of it

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

What the ORIGINAL SIN really is. And why Christians are guilty of it

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

The church claims man has been infected with the "original sin." Its defined by the church as being unable to please God. That we are all doomed. And only killing a good guy named Jesus can save us.
No one is infected with anything. Its just a cop out. An excuse to failure.
Do you think such a concept insoires people to try harder or an excuse

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Re: What the ORIGINAL SIN really is. And why Christians are guilty of it

Post #61

Post by boatsnguitars »

Data wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:32 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:23 am
Data wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:49 am Oh, boy . . . more woke noise from the land of illusion. Ironically in battle it becomes difficult to distinguish the oppressor from the oppressed. Never gets old watching them charging into battle like mindless but furious zombies. Always missing everything around them but their ideological obsession.
I have to wonder why you use a word that means nothing to you. Perhaps you were lying?
Yes. That was it. I was lying. I do that all the time. See, I'm lying right now. Wokeism was a joke that got old. Ideology and hypocrisy on acid and coke.

You're white, aren't you? Have you ever talked to a person of color about race? If you did, did you listen, or did you educate him on how you saw the issue?

Because I promise you people color don't see being woke as a joke.

But, thank you for admitting you lied.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Data
Sage

Post #62

Post by Data »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:01 pm But, thank you for admitting you lied.
No problem. Any time.

It's so funny watching the desperately ideological - whether with politics, religion, race, education, science, spirituality or sexuality and anything else they wrap their pathologically narrow minds around - to try and shamelessly shame everyone into being as obtuse as they are.

People of color? Colored people? Back in the day I listened to people of all colors. Now, more or less, I hate all people. Regardless of any of that. When I say hate I don't mean I wish them any harm, I mean I want nothing to do with them. Because this is the way they are and always have been. Before I retreated from the sea of madness I associated with all kinds of people. Now, the black people I listen to are Candice Owens, John McWhorten, and most of all, Thomas Sowell. I also get a kick out of the Conservative Twins. I've always considered myself more liberal minded than anything, although I've always been apolitical. You're saying that I must be white cracks me up. Fighting racism with racism. Only the "woke" could be so irretrievably . . . well. That's a broad statement though, isn't it.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #63

Post by boatsnguitars »

Data wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:40 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:01 pm But, thank you for admitting you lied.
No problem. Any time.

It's so funny watching t...
It's funny watching someone who thinks they've escaped their sins of the past by thinking the people and vices they now indulge in are superior. I don't watch your vids. They are troll bait for idiots.
― Omar Khayyâm

Data
Sage

Post #64

Post by Data »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:01 pm I don't watch your vids. They are troll bait for idiots.
How do you know that if you don't watch them? Is that like - science?

Data
Sage

Post #65

Post by Data »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:51 am Where did you get the idea that God sent Satan to "protect the garden"?
Ezekiel 28:11-19
onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:51 am Satan wasn't righteous when he decided to go and lie to Eve.
When had his unrighteousness begun?

We have the morning stars shouting for joy when the Earth was being prepared for man, which means they all existed at that time. (Job 38:7) Later, God said all that he created was good. (Genesis 1:31)
Last edited by Data on Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #66

Post by boatsnguitars »

Data wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:42 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:01 pm I don't watch your vids. They are troll bait for idiots.
Logic: I consider the source.
― Omar Khayyâm

Data
Sage

Post #67

Post by Data »

boatsnguitars wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:10 pm
Data wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:42 pm
Logic: I consider the source.
Like I was telling JW. One can't see the truth if one is selective about the source. People who shut down the criticism are the people hiding something. Like I told you one doesn't take an active stance against Christianity because they will only become their enemy. Perpetuate the myth of victimhood. Their Watchtower is the Democratic mythology. It's all the same. Politics, religion, etc. In the US who was it fighting against Jim Crow, who was it fighting against slavery, who owns 70% of the wealth and how have they managed that? Think for yourself. Do some digging in the dirt.

Anyway - - what yer nomenclature mean? You, uh, into boats and guitars? Have you seen this new kid? No expression. Barely moves. Fun to watch.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #68

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Data wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:07 pm Ezekiel 28:11-19
DOES THE BIBLE SAY SATAN WAS SENT TO EARTH TO PROTECT THE GARDEN OF EDEN?

Some have assumed this because of the passage in Ezekiel 28:11-19 which contains a description of the downfall of the proud king of Tyre. While this description can be understood to paraellel the angel that become Satan the Devil, and there is mention of Eden, there is no reason to assume it puts Satan in the role of "protector" of Eden.

1. The word "protector" nor guard or any other expression that implies such a role is entirely absent in the passage.

2. Logically there would have been nothing to "protect" Eden from, since pre-rebellion there were no negative elements in existence.

3. Scripture indicates Satan himself became the instigator of the rebellion, thus sole element from which any theoretical "protection" would have been needed.

4. Satan, evidently had free access to Eden even after his decision to tempt Eve; we can reasonably conclude then that there was no blocking access to Eden until God pronounced the need for such a thing after the expulsion of Adam and Eve.

* Interestingly, although from the beginning God prohibited the fruit from "The Tree of Knowledge", there is no record of him taking and further measures to "protect" it.

CONCLUSION : There is no scriptural basis to conclude Satan ever had the role of "Protector of Eden".

JW

RELATED POSTS

Why did God allow Satan into the Garden of Eden?
viewtopic.php?p=908723#p908723

Does JUDE imply angels were originally charged to take care of the earth?
viewtopic.php?p=1105459#p1105459

For more details please go to other posts related to...

SATAN THE DEVIL , ADAM , and ... THE DECEPTION OF EVE
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

otseng
Savant

Post #69

Post by otseng »

Moderator Comment

As a reminder, please avoid making personal comments about others.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Mae von H
Sage

Post #70

Post by Mae von H »

The Jews don’t believe in Original Sin and never did. It’s not in the Old Testament and they don’t believe anything close to that peculiar doctrine. I heard Jews explain why we sin and neither espoused anything close to this purely christian theological point.