Moderator: Moderators

man
Banned
Banned

What does Intelligent Design prove?

Post #1

Post by man »

What does Intelligent Design prove?

I must have asked that question a thousand times in various forms and comment sections and not one single person has ever said, “It proves there is a god�.

Why is that?

man
Banned
Banned

Post #121

Post by man »

RonE wrote: [Replying to all:]

It does appear that thestudent has abandoned this topic with several open questions that he has not replied to.

What do we do in these forums when someone abandons/withdraws from their own debate
while refusing to answer the questions asked?
When someone abandons/withdraws from their own debate it means that you win!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #122

Post by JoeyKnothead »

man wrote:
RonE wrote: [Replying to all:]

It does appear that thestudent has abandoned this topic with several open questions that he has not replied to.

What do we do in these forums when someone abandons/withdraws from their own debate
while refusing to answer the questions asked?
When someone abandons/withdraws from their own debate it means that you win!
Or they get tired of it, folks in the thread, or have better things to do, other debates to tend to.

Supposing one admits defeat, without hearing 'em say it, is a step too far. In debate, or war.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

man
Banned
Banned

Post #123

Post by man »

RonE
Scholar

Post #124

Post by RonE »

[Replying to post 122 by JoeyKnothead]

While I am not sure that theStudent will return to this topic, except in secret, what I post here would not be incorrectly considered to be bait. I have engaged theStudent in another of his topics he created this week and I continue to pursue these issues with him. O:)
*"On the other hand, we have people who are believers who are so completely sold on the literal interpretation of the first book of the Bible that they are rejecting very compelling scientific data about the age of the earth and the relatedness of living beings." Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D.
*The Atheist has the comfort of no fears for an afterlife and lacks any compulsion to blow himself up.
* Science flies to you the moon.... religion flies you into buildings.
* Faith isn’t a virtue; it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #125

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 123 by man]

:warning: Moderator Warning

Your post violates at least three Forum Rules -- and contributes nothing to debate.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #126

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 123:

I reject your rejection, based on your not showing my referenced comments to be incorrect.

But I accept your take on 'intelligent design'.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #127

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 124:
RonE wrote: While I am not sure that theStudent will return to this topic, except in secret, what I post here would not be incorrectly considered to be bait. I have engaged theStudent in another of his topics he created this week and I continue to pursue these issues with him.
How might one debate the undebatable?

But yeah, I've only ever seen 'intelligent design' promoted by the unintelligent (read "ignorant" as a clincal definition).
-Punkinhead Martin

man
Banned
Banned

Post #128

Post by man »

JoeyKnothead wrote: From Post 124:
RonE wrote: While I am not sure that theStudent will return to this topic, except in secret, what I post here would not be incorrectly considered to be bait. I have engaged theStudent in another of his topics he created this week and I continue to pursue these issues with him.

But yeah, I've only ever seen 'intelligent design' promoted by the unintelligent (read "ignorant" as a clincal definition).
It's pretty tough to win a debate with someone who has magical powers on their side.

RonE
Scholar

Post #129

Post by RonE »

[Replying to post 127 by JoeyKnothead]

Shhh! I said I would show him how to frame his answer into an acceptable scientific format. I've no expectation that the actual evidence he'd present could prove the claims he is making. JBU, my thought is to see if he can accidentally learn something about scientific methods, long odds on him accepting my help.
*"On the other hand, we have people who are believers who are so completely sold on the literal interpretation of the first book of the Bible that they are rejecting very compelling scientific data about the age of the earth and the relatedness of living beings." Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D.
*The Atheist has the comfort of no fears for an afterlife and lacks any compulsion to blow himself up.
* Science flies to you the moon.... religion flies you into buildings.
* Faith isn’t a virtue; it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #130

Post by JoeyKnothead »

man wrote:

It's pretty tough to win a debate with someone who has magical powers on their side.
Read Zzyzx. He's got supernatural, non-magical powers of intelligence. :wave:
-Punkinhead Martin