Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 1581 times
Been thanked: 471 times

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Post #311

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote: Who cares what god wants? I believe in nine. I serve them all as I see fit. Let's let humans try to bring about heaven and see what happens.

That would be fine unless there is a supreme God who intends to see His will be done on earth as it it is in heaven... in that case one would do well to care about his intentions
Correct. Now, prove it. Until then I retain my belief in my nine gods and that humanity should do whatever it can to bring about its collective idea of "heaven on earth."

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 23632
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 934 times
Been thanked: 1357 times
Contact:

Post #312

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]

Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Post #313

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]

Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
A book saying something isn't proof. If it was, Allah would be proved to exist.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 23632
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 934 times
Been thanked: 1357 times
Contact:

Post #314

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]

Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
A book saying something isn't proof.

It is in the sub-forum or at least that was my understanding of the rules of (I will stand corrected if I misunderstood).

Was there anything else you wanted to ask?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Post #315

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]

Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
A book saying something isn't proof.

It is in the sub-forum. Was there anything else you wanted to ask?
What?

I wasn't asking anything.

User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 1581 times
Been thanked: 471 times

Post #316

Post by onewithhim »

Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Could anyone tell me why Jesus would tell of the importance of looking for God's will to be done ON EARTH, just as it is being done in heaven, if people were not going to be living on the earth in God's new system of things?

Matthew 6:9,10
I interpret it humnistically. What the mind can conceive of as "heaven," the mind should seek to achieve as "heaven" practically, and not just as in the imagination.
I don't quite get your meaning. Jesus clearly said that we were to pray for God's will to be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven. Doesn't this speak of the EARTH as a home for people that would actually be DOING God's will?

What of: Psalm 37:9-11,29
??
Who claims to know god's will for earth? Humans? So then humans should seek to enact their version of what they feel is "god's will" on earth. Radical Muslims terrorize. Christians proselytize. Buddhists meditate.

Who cares what god wants? I believe in nine. I serve them all as I see fit. Let's let humans try to bring about heaven and see what happens.
So you give no credence to the Bible? Why are you here among people that do? Just to argue? To trash peoples' beliefs? Why don't you ask why people believe certain things when the Bible says something else, if they say they believe the Bible? That makes a good discussion (if the people don't dodge the questions, which they often do).

Do you not believe in a Creator? If you do, then why not care what He (or any of your nine gods) believe? Surely your Creator(s) are worthy of attention.


.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Post #317

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

onewithhim wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Could anyone tell me why Jesus would tell of the importance of looking for God's will to be done ON EARTH, just as it is being done in heaven, if people were not going to be living on the earth in God's new system of things?

Matthew 6:9,10
I interpret it humnistically. What the mind can conceive of as "heaven," the mind should seek to achieve as "heaven" practically, and not just as in the imagination.
I don't quite get your meaning. Jesus clearly said that we were to pray for God's will to be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven. Doesn't this speak of the EARTH as a home for people that would actually be DOING God's will?

What of: Psalm 37:9-11,29
??
Who claims to know god's will for earth? Humans? So then humans should seek to enact their version of what they feel is "god's will" on earth. Radical Muslims terrorize. Christians proselytize. Buddhists meditate.

Who cares what god wants? I believe in nine. I serve them all as I see fit. Let's let humans try to bring about heaven and see what happens.
So you give no credence to the Bible?
I give credence to the Bible; I do not believe it has much, if anything, to do with any actual gods.
Why are you here among people that do? Just to argue?
I am here to debate ideas.

To trash peoples' beliefs?
No. I have not ever "trashed" anyone's beliefs. I once confronted a member about requiring evidence for a position that he could not provide example of such evidence that he would find worthy, but I've never trashed anyone's beliefs.

Why don't you ask why people believe certain things when the Bible says something else, if they say they believe the Bible? That makes a good discussion (if the people don't dodge the questions, which they often do).
Can't I just confront what people say about what they believe?

Do you not believe in a Creator?
Not currently. I don't really understand what that term means. I believe that there is only translation. Never "creation."

If you do, then why not care what He (or any of your nine gods) believe? Surely your Creator(s) are worthy of attention.
I care somewhat what my nine gods believe, but I care much more about what they explain about how I should process new information.

None of my nine gods are "creators." They are translators. I hope that helps.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 23632
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 934 times
Been thanked: 1357 times
Contact:

Post #318

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Plumbus Grumbo wrote:I give credence to the Bible; I do not believe it has much, if anything, to do with any actual gods.
Excellent, well as Jehovah's Witnesses we believe the bible is Gods Word and has everything to do with an actual God.


Two different people, both with beliefs. In the light of the fact that you are not here to trash any beliefs and neither am I, and since this sub-forum the bible is authorative, and since if you ask for proof from one of Jehovahs Witnesses they will invariably refer to scripture, did you have a further comment?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

User avatar
Blastcat
Banned
Banned
Posts: 5948
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:18 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Post #319

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 318 by JehovahsWitness]




[center]The Bible is true because the Bible says so.[/center]

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Two different people, both with beliefs. In the light of the fact that you are not here to trash any beliefs and neither am I, and since this sub-forum the bible is authorative, and since if you ask for proof from one of Jehovahs Witnesses they will invariably refer to scripture, did you have a further comment?
I do.

Basing a belief in what the BIBLE has to say by using the BIBLE as evidence, is as useless as it is wrong headed.


:)

User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 11114
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 1581 times
Been thanked: 471 times

Post #320

Post by onewithhim »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 318 by JehovahsWitness]




[center]The Bible is true because the Bible says so.[/center]

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Two different people, both with beliefs. In the light of the fact that you are not here to trash any beliefs and neither am I, and since this sub-forum the bible is authorative, and since if you ask for proof from one of Jehovahs Witnesses they will invariably refer to scripture, did you have a further comment?
I do.

Basing a belief in what the BIBLE has to say by using the BIBLE as evidence, is as useless as it is wrong headed.


:)
Not when the Bible is considered authoritative by this forum.

Post Reply