When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?
If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.
We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.
Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29
Paradise on Earth
Moderator: Moderators
- onewithhim
- Savant
- Posts: 11114
- Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
- Location: Norwich, CT
- Has thanked: 1581 times
- Been thanked: 471 times
-
Plumbus Grumbo
- Apprentice
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm
Post #311
Correct. Now, prove it. Until then I retain my belief in my nine gods and that humanity should do whatever it can to bring about its collective idea of "heaven on earth."JehovahsWitness wrote:Plumbus Grumbo wrote: Who cares what god wants? I believe in nine. I serve them all as I see fit. Let's let humans try to bring about heaven and see what happens.
That would be fine unless there is a supreme God who intends to see His will be done on earth as it it is in heaven... in that case one would do well to care about his intentions
- JehovahsWitness
- Savant
- Posts: 23632
- Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
- Has thanked: 934 times
- Been thanked: 1357 times
- Contact:
Post #312
[Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]
Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681
"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" - Romans 14:8
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681
"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" - Romans 14:8
-
Plumbus Grumbo
- Apprentice
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm
Post #313
A book saying something isn't proof. If it was, Allah would be proved to exist.JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]
Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
- JehovahsWitness
- Savant
- Posts: 23632
- Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
- Has thanked: 934 times
- Been thanked: 1357 times
- Contact:
Post #314
Plumbus Grumbo wrote:A book saying something isn't proof.JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]
Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
It is in the sub-forum or at least that was my understanding of the rules of (I will stand corrected if I misunderstood).
Was there anything else you wanted to ask?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681
"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" - Romans 14:8
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681
"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" - Romans 14:8
-
Plumbus Grumbo
- Apprentice
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm
Post #315
What?JehovahsWitness wrote:Plumbus Grumbo wrote:A book saying something isn't proof.JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 311 by Plumbus Grumbo]
Easy: The bible says there is one supreme God YHWH Jehovah and that he has communicated that the meek shall inherit the earth.
It is in the sub-forum. Was there anything else you wanted to ask?
I wasn't asking anything.
- onewithhim
- Savant
- Posts: 11114
- Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
- Location: Norwich, CT
- Has thanked: 1581 times
- Been thanked: 471 times
Post #316
So you give no credence to the Bible? Why are you here among people that do? Just to argue? To trash peoples' beliefs? Why don't you ask why people believe certain things when the Bible says something else, if they say they believe the Bible? That makes a good discussion (if the people don't dodge the questions, which they often do).Plumbus Grumbo wrote:Who claims to know god's will for earth? Humans? So then humans should seek to enact their version of what they feel is "god's will" on earth. Radical Muslims terrorize. Christians proselytize. Buddhists meditate.onewithhim wrote:I don't quite get your meaning. Jesus clearly said that we were to pray for God's will to be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven. Doesn't this speak of the EARTH as a home for people that would actually be DOING God's will?Plumbus Grumbo wrote:I interpret it humnistically. What the mind can conceive of as "heaven," the mind should seek to achieve as "heaven" practically, and not just as in the imagination.onewithhim wrote: Could anyone tell me why Jesus would tell of the importance of looking for God's will to be done ON EARTH, just as it is being done in heaven, if people were not going to be living on the earth in God's new system of things?
Matthew 6:9,10
What of: Psalm 37:9-11,29
??
Who cares what god wants? I believe in nine. I serve them all as I see fit. Let's let humans try to bring about heaven and see what happens.
Do you not believe in a Creator? If you do, then why not care what He (or any of your nine gods) believe? Surely your Creator(s) are worthy of attention.
.
-
Plumbus Grumbo
- Apprentice
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm
Post #317
I give credence to the Bible; I do not believe it has much, if anything, to do with any actual gods.onewithhim wrote:So you give no credence to the Bible?Plumbus Grumbo wrote:Who claims to know god's will for earth? Humans? So then humans should seek to enact their version of what they feel is "god's will" on earth. Radical Muslims terrorize. Christians proselytize. Buddhists meditate.onewithhim wrote:I don't quite get your meaning. Jesus clearly said that we were to pray for God's will to be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven. Doesn't this speak of the EARTH as a home for people that would actually be DOING God's will?Plumbus Grumbo wrote:I interpret it humnistically. What the mind can conceive of as "heaven," the mind should seek to achieve as "heaven" practically, and not just as in the imagination.onewithhim wrote: Could anyone tell me why Jesus would tell of the importance of looking for God's will to be done ON EARTH, just as it is being done in heaven, if people were not going to be living on the earth in God's new system of things?
Matthew 6:9,10
What of: Psalm 37:9-11,29
??
Who cares what god wants? I believe in nine. I serve them all as I see fit. Let's let humans try to bring about heaven and see what happens.
I am here to debate ideas.Why are you here among people that do? Just to argue?
No. I have not ever "trashed" anyone's beliefs. I once confronted a member about requiring evidence for a position that he could not provide example of such evidence that he would find worthy, but I've never trashed anyone's beliefs.To trash peoples' beliefs?
Can't I just confront what people say about what they believe?Why don't you ask why people believe certain things when the Bible says something else, if they say they believe the Bible? That makes a good discussion (if the people don't dodge the questions, which they often do).
Not currently. I don't really understand what that term means. I believe that there is only translation. Never "creation."Do you not believe in a Creator?
I care somewhat what my nine gods believe, but I care much more about what they explain about how I should process new information.If you do, then why not care what He (or any of your nine gods) believe? Surely your Creator(s) are worthy of attention.
None of my nine gods are "creators." They are translators. I hope that helps.
- JehovahsWitness
- Savant
- Posts: 23632
- Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
- Has thanked: 934 times
- Been thanked: 1357 times
- Contact:
Post #318
Excellent, well as Jehovah's Witnesses we believe the bible is Gods Word and has everything to do with an actual God.Plumbus Grumbo wrote:I give credence to the Bible; I do not believe it has much, if anything, to do with any actual gods.
Two different people, both with beliefs. In the light of the fact that you are not here to trash any beliefs and neither am I, and since this sub-forum the bible is authorative, and since if you ask for proof from one of Jehovahs Witnesses they will invariably refer to scripture, did you have a further comment?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681
"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" - Romans 14:8
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681
"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" - Romans 14:8
Post #319
[Replying to post 318 by JehovahsWitness]
[center]The Bible is true because the Bible says so.[/center]
Basing a belief in what the BIBLE has to say by using the BIBLE as evidence, is as useless as it is wrong headed.

[center]The Bible is true because the Bible says so.[/center]
I do.JehovahsWitness wrote:
Two different people, both with beliefs. In the light of the fact that you are not here to trash any beliefs and neither am I, and since this sub-forum the bible is authorative, and since if you ask for proof from one of Jehovahs Witnesses they will invariably refer to scripture, did you have a further comment?
Basing a belief in what the BIBLE has to say by using the BIBLE as evidence, is as useless as it is wrong headed.
- onewithhim
- Savant
- Posts: 11114
- Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
- Location: Norwich, CT
- Has thanked: 1581 times
- Been thanked: 471 times
Post #320
Not when the Bible is considered authoritative by this forum.Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 318 by JehovahsWitness]
[center]The Bible is true because the Bible says so.[/center]
I do.JehovahsWitness wrote:
Two different people, both with beliefs. In the light of the fact that you are not here to trash any beliefs and neither am I, and since this sub-forum the bible is authorative, and since if you ask for proof from one of Jehovahs Witnesses they will invariably refer to scripture, did you have a further comment?
Basing a belief in what the BIBLE has to say by using the BIBLE as evidence, is as useless as it is wrong headed.


