Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #861

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 858 by onewithhim]

Yes i have read it more then once. More like once a day. I don't know why my comment was removed, but so be it. God says to Isreal over and over, He is coming back with Fire and A Sword. He even says Isreal will walk over the ashses of their enemies and His. And once He starts sharpening His sword, there is no going back. In other words, once God has decided to reclaim Earth, there will be a war. Where the armies of Earth battles the armies of God. We should prepare, and having done all we can to prepare when that evil day comes, we need to stand.

Christ knew this also or his last request would have been different than buy swords, "if you don't have the money for one, sell your winter coat and get one." No animals were mentioned in any bible I have read.

Yes, paraphrased ^^^

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #862

Post by JehovahsWitness »

brianbbs67 wrote: God says to Isreal over and over, He is coming back with Fire and A Sword. He even says Isreal will walk over the ashses of their enemies and His.

The bible speaking about God's final war of victory is refering to spiritual Israel not the literal political state of Israel. The political state of Israel plays no part in God's purpose.

JW

RELATED POSTS
Who make up "spirituual" Israel ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 11#p900111

Replacement theology: Who are the present day people of God?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 58#p857158

Did God reject his "chosen people"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 50#p857250

What is God's kingdom and what will it do for mankind?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 88#p835788
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM , THE 144, 000 and .... SPIRITUAL ISRAEL
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue May 18, 2021 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #863

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 858 by onewithhim]

Yes i have read it more then once. More like once a day. I don't know why my comment was removed, but so be it. God says to Isreal over and over, He is coming back with Fire and A Sword. He even says Isreal will walk over the ashses of their enemies and His. And once He starts sharpening His sword, there is no going back. In other words, once God has decided to reclaim Earth, there will be a war. Where the armies of Earth battles the armies of God. We should prepare, and having done all we can to prepare when that evil day comes, we need to stand.

Christ knew this also or his last request would have been different than buy swords, "if you don't have the money for one, sell your winter coat and get one." No animals were mentioned in any bible I have read.

Yes, paraphrased ^^^
Yes, you are referring to the battle of Armageddon. That will be God's war. The planet will be totally reclaimed. Jesus' disciples will walk into a new arrangement of things---paradise on Earth. The day when Christ battles all of the armies of men will not be an "evil day." It will be a blessing to all righteous people. Finally evil will be eradicated.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #864

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 863 by onewithhim]

Amen to that. I for one long to see an end to exploitation, evil and corruption suffering and sickness...

The kingdom is the answer to all mankind's problems so its important to be proactive in supporting it!

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #865

Post by brianbbs67 »

I am refering to ephesians 6, particularly 6:13 and the surrounding verses. Which call it an evil day.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #866

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 858 by onewithhim]

Yes, paraphrased ^^^
You are misinformed. You describe the battle of Armageddon; it is not "that evil day." It is God's war on all that is evil. It will be a day of relief for God's worshipers. We should be prepared, but not for bad things that would happen to us. The things that happen will be for the elimination of all the badness that burdens good people.

It is Jesus who will eliminate evil people. We will have no part in it, just as the Israelites had no part in the killing of the Egyptians' first-born, but they stayed in their houses and let the angel do his work alone. It will be the same when Armageddon strikes.

www.jw.org

onewithhim
Savant

Post #867

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote: I am refering to ephesians 6, particularly 6:13 and the surrounding verses. Which call it an evil day.
I don't think that Ephesians 6:13 is referring to Armageddon (when all wicked people are destroyed). It is referring to a day on which Satan attacks a particular individual, and that individual must have on the "complete suit of armor from God" so that this person can withstand Satan's attack. It is something we all must be prepared for on a daily basis.

Tcg
Savant

Post #868

Post by Tcg »

onewithhim wrote: It is referring to a day on which Satan attacks a particular individual, and that individual must have on the "complete suit of armor from God" so that this person can withstand Satan's attack. It is something we all must be prepared for on a daily basis.
Right. It is just like going to sleep without checking under your bed to see if the bogeyman is hiding there. You can never know which night he may decide to visit you.

It will without doubt be the night you forget to check. Once that happens you'll be in danger of all the things the bogeyman does. Whatever that may be.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #869

Post by onewithhim »

Tcg wrote:
onewithhim wrote: It is referring to a day on which Satan attacks a particular individual, and that individual must have on the "complete suit of armor from God" so that this person can withstand Satan's attack. It is something we all must be prepared for on a daily basis.
Right. It is just like going to sleep without checking under your bed to see if the bogeyman is hiding there. You can never know which night he may decide to visit you.

It will without doubt be the night you forget to check. Once that happens you'll be in danger of all the things the bogeyman does. Whatever that may be.
You don't have to inordinately fear the Bogeyman because you have on the armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #870

Post by brianbbs67 »

Tcg wrote:

I can only refer you to Veggie tales here.