Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #1

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

First off, let me preface this by saying the following..

1. As mentioned on another thread, I have many years invested in dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's), from family, to friends, to strangers. I am very familiar with them and their theology.

2. I am beginning a series of threads attacking their "Christian" theology and doctrine. This one, as titled, deals with Jehovah's Witnesses and their false prophecies.

3. I have beef with, not only JW's, but ANYONE of whom I believe to be spreading false Christian doctrine. This includes, but not limited to...

A.) Mormons
B.) Catholics
C.) World Mission Society Church of God
D.) Hebrew Israelites

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many false Christian denominations. But, we are talking about Jehovah's Witnesses for now.

So, the question is ultimately; Why do I feel as if Jehovah's Witnesses are false teachers? There are many reasons, and one of those reasons is their many failed attempts at predicting prophecy.

Before I continue on post #2, keep in mind that future threads in this series will go straight to the gusto, with no preface.

Just FYI.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #211

Post by JehovahsWitness »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:31 pm
The problem is, the message is flawed.

In your opinion ; an opinion we do not share obviously. Jehovahs Witnesses have made mistakes in the past its true but our message is and always has been vastly superior to that of other individuals and groups that claim to be preaching the good news.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #212

Post by JehovahsWitness »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:31 pm ...Jehovah's Witnesses are going around saying they (their organization) is the faithful and discreet slave *that Jesus was referring to (Matthew 24:45-47).9

Now, the word "discreet" has at least 2 definitions (one of which I was aware of)...but the definition that I've known of means..

"someone or something that is appropriately quiet, prudent, and restrained."
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/discreet

And I can hardly see how this would define JW's and their evangelizing efforts.
* NOTE All Jehovahs Witnesses are not considered to be "the faithful and disceet" slave.

Appropriately quiet means quiet when it would be right to be quiet, (not to be confused with "permanently quiet).
MATTHEW 10:27 - New Living Translation

What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear!
Public preaching is scripturally appropriate and pandemics or secular law allowing, properly reflects the spirit of Jesus words to proclaim his message far and wide.

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:31 pm... prudent, and restrained."
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/discreet
"Prudent / wise and restrained"

The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses have always made decisions that reflect a godly wisdom and restraint. Again not perfectly so, but since I don't believe God has any perfect humans to work with, the bible indicates He is pleased with those that do their best and humbly accept to keep making needed changes when the need becomes evident.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Why do Jehovahs Witnesses listen to their governing body ?
viewtopic.php?p=1045333#p1045333

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

ORGANISATION, ORGANISATIONAL INFALLIBILITY and ...RELIGIOUS TRUTH
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8