Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

OWN A PART OF GOD? COULD BE POSSIBLE

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Christians say Jesus was God.
Hmmm....

So this means a part of God was tossed away like garbage. He was curcumsized you realize. Im pretty sure that part never resurrected. And because that was cut off he would not be whole. And therefore an unacceptable sacrifice.

You can't toss God in the trash
Wonder what that would go for on eBay?
OWN A PART OF GOD!!!
Well...Someone did at one time. Wonder what they did with him?
Does this mean there are four parts of the god head?

Yeah...sounds rediculous. But if you are a Christian it must be believed that owning a part of God is possible. At least it was at one time.

Savant

Re: OWN A PART OF GOD? COULD BE POSSIBLE

Post #21

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:26 pm ...
Okay....let me find the passage that this tenant leans on. Go ask your church leaders they know all about it

JESUS SAYS:

"For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

I will never say that neither will any Torah observant Jew. I like how the church has managed to lay the failure of Jesus on the Jews.
But if that's their excuse why Jesus hasn't returned then he will never return. I promise you that. I will NEVER SAY THOSE WORDS. NOT IN THIS WORLD OR THE NEXT
It does not mean that all Jews would say it.

Avoice
Guru

Post #22

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to 1213 in post #21]

Yeah, you wished that's what it means. What else can you say?

Go talk to your preacher/ priest/ minister.

Yeah...it means the Jews have to accept him.

Come on...common sense should tell you that. The one we wait for must be accepted by us. You can pretend whatever you want. WE DECIDE. NOT THE NATIONS.

Whether you like it or not what you accept means nothing. Sorry...but that's the way it is.
You will wait an eternity. You will. I promise you that.
But if it makes you feel better to think YOU can proclaim the Messiah go ahead. Show us his work.
Jesus has been honest but you guys don't listen to him. He said:

None of you have asked anything in my name. Go ahead and ask that your joy may be full.

He is telling you to ask for something. He wants you to ask anything so y

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #23

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Avoice wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:26 pm

JESUS SAYS:

"For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Jesus was quoting Psalm118 which speaks of God's representative praised at the House (temple) of God. That physical temple would never see him again indeed it would be destroyed by the Romans a number of years after his death.

Jesus words however do no mean his return in kingdom power would be dependent on disbelieving Jews. Rather the "you" (ye) here are those that discern his invisible kingship and welcome it. in contrast to the religious leaders who rejected him and failed to recognise his rightful authority as the Messiah.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #24

Post by Athetotheist »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:59 am
Avoice wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:26 pm

JESUS SAYS:

Jesus was quoting Psalm118 which speaks of God's representative praised at the House (temple) of God. That physical temple would never see him again indeed it would be destroyed by the Romans a number of years after his death.

Jesus words however do no mean his return in kingdom power would be dependent on disbelieving Jews. Rather the "you" (ye) here are those that discern his invisible kingship and welcome it. in contrast to the religious leaders who rejected him and failed to recognise his rightful authority as the Messiah.
"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." (Matthew 24:27)

Where does Jesus say anything about an "invisible kingship"?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #25

Athetotheist wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:35 pm
Where does Jesus say anything about an "invisible kingship"?
It is implicit in all his statements of his promised presence [parousia] including Matthew 24:27.

NOTE: Christ's "return" is not to be confused with his "presence" (parousia) spoken of in Matther 24 verse 3, which began in 1914.

GLOSSARY OF TERMS [END TIMES]

If Jesus where visible there would of course be no need for a "sign" for his being here; yet the discussion that begins in Matthew 24 verse 3 ask exactly that namely a sign so his disciple would know he would be "here" ". Jesus warned not to be fooled by false Christs that would show up at various physical locations. Obviously if Jesus himself was to physically show up at some physical location he would not need to warn he would not be one of the Christs that would show up at some physical location (compare Luke 17:22, 23).
MATTHEW 24:27

"For just as the lightning comes out of the east and shines over to the west, so the presence of the Son of man will be."

Rather Jesus likened his presence [parousia] to lightening, not that it would be brief but that it would be clear to his true disciples because only they see the signs and know what the global events they are looking at mean.
Biblically, while false Christians would be waiting for a physical Christ "here" or "there" on earth, the enlightened ones would see evidence worldwide and know, from global visible events, that he was already "present".

RELATED POSTS

Did Jehovah's Witnesses predict that Jesus' rule INVISIBLY before 1914?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 41#p891141

Where in Hebrew scripture does it speak of the Messiah coming ... TWICE?
viewtopic.php?p=1069262#p1069262

What does the bible mean when it says that "every eye will see" Jesus?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 50#p874750
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GENTILLE TIMES , LAST DAYS and ...THE SECOND COMING *
*The Return of Christ

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #26

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #25
It is implicit in all his statements of his promised presence [parousia] including Matthew 24:27.
"Implicit".....as in something you can read into the text if you want it there?
Jesus likened his presence [parousia] to lightening, not that it would be brief but that it would be clear to his true disciples because only they see the signs and know what the global events they are looking at mean.
When lightning flashes, it doesn't appear only to those who are expecting it. He was saying that there would be no need for a sign that he was here, because the sign would be his arrival, which everyone would witness.

Tcg
Savant

Post #27

Post by Tcg »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:24 am When lightning flashes, it doesn't appear only to those who are expecting it. He was saying that there would be no need for a sign that he was here, because the sign would be his arrival, which everyone would witness.
Everyone would witness? Sure if the earth were flat. Of course it isn't. Maybe Jesus didn't know that.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Avoice
Guru

Post #28

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #23]
You make me smile. Invisible kingdom. Who told you about an invisible kingdom. It's not in the Christian Testament. You heard or read that somewhere. Where did this info cone from?

Also, you can settle anything by having your answer involve something invisible. If I were a Christian I'd be embarrassed having to give such answers. The church has left it's followers hokdi g the bag. I feel sorry for you guys. I really do. The Christian Testament makes fantastic claims. Poor Christians....they have to depend on mistranslations as evidence. They can't use the original Hebrew because their evidence only exists with false translations. So not only do Christians have to turn to false translations but they have to find excuses why they won't accept the original Hebrew. They have no other choice. If forced to use a correct reading of the scriptures then they have nothing.
Pretty sad actually.

No matter how you try to spin it, the Jewish Messiah isn't our messiah unless we say he is.

Jesus is Christianitys attempt to try and be like us, the Jews. You learned about the Messiah from us. You like the idea of a redeemer but since our messiah is to redeem Israel that left you guys out. So you stole the idea of a Messiah from us then changed him into some demi god who saves Christians.

You can believe whatever you want. But don't think fir a minute that Jesus is our messiah. He is yours. Yours gave you an IOU then left. Some messiah. He did nothing. Oh...but he'll be back ....second coming!! He had his second coming when he supposedly resurrected. He did nothing then either. Maybe the third time...or fourth.

Christians can caxll any do-nothing Jew the Messiah if they want to. And pretend like their opinion matters. Even if you disagree with the church teachings that the Jews must accept him or he won't return; the fact remains: No one is our messiah unless we say he is. You got it? Your belief in Jesus being our messiah is a fantasy. YOU don't tell us....WE tell you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #29

Avoice wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:56 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #23]
Who told you about an invisible kingdom. It's not in the Christian Testament. You heard or read that somewhere. Where did this info cone from?
From Jesus recorded testimony in our scripture
JOHN 18:36 - New Living Translation

Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”