The Kingdom of God is meant to be of this world.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dio9
Under Probation

Post #1

Post by dio9 »

The crisis in Christianity is ; Christians don't believe the Kingdom of God is meant to be of this world.
Agree or disagree.

Tcg
Savant

Post #31

Post by Tcg »

dio9 wrote: God's kingdom is not going to come floating down from above. We have to build it up from the grass roots.

I think your first sentence is a safe bet. The second too, but at that point why would it be called God's kingdom?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re:

Post #32

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:04 am
dio9 wrote: God's kingdom is not going to come floating down from above. We have to build it up from the grass roots.

I think your first sentence is a safe bet. The second too, but at that point why would it be called God's kingdom?

Tcg
Exactly, a kingdom build by human hands would not logically be called "GOD'S". Biblically God's kingdom is not built from the bottom up "grass roots" style, it comes from heaven.
DANIEL 2:44

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever.
I wouldn't say however it comes "floating" down....

RELATED POSTS

What does the statue of Nebuchadnezzars dream symbolize?
viewtopic.php?p=1021882#p1021882

What do the feet in Nebuchadnezzars dream symbolize?
viewtopic.php?p=1021364#p1021364

What does the stone cut from the Great mountain represent? [Daniel 2]
viewtopic.php?p=1056102#p1056102

How does the sequencing of Daniel and Revelation correspond?
viewtopic.php?p=1022583#p1022583

Who dominantes the world scene prior to the establishment of the Kingdom in 1914?
viewtopic.php?p=1061125#p1061125

Who or what is represented by the 8th King of REV 17:11?
viewtopic.php?p=1056167#p1056167

Does America figure in bible prophecy?
viewtopic.php?p=1018451#p1018451

Who arenrepresented by the kjngs of the North and South in Daniel CHAPTER 11?
viewtopic.php?p=1070051#p1070051
To learn more please go to other posts related to

DANIEL'S PROPHECIES , .THE SECOND COMING * and ... THE BOOK OF REVELATION
*The Return of Christ
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re: Re:

Post #33

Post by The Nice Centurion »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:10 pm
Tcg wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:04 am

Tcg
Exactly, a kingdom build by human hands would not logically be called "GOD'S". Biblically God's kingdom is not built from the bottom us "grass roots" style, it comes from heaven.
DANIEL 2:44

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever.
I wouldn't say however it comes "floating" down....

Still it would be no problem for christians to claim that a human styled kingdom was inspired by their god and therefore is the promised.

That might be one reason why the medieval emperors tried to rule the earth.

As for bible verses; Believers are known to rape them beyond recognition to make them mean whatever they want.

Still, in this case with the Daniel verse not much raping is needed, I think.
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

christian001
Student

Re: The Kingdom of God is meant to be of this world.

Post #34

Post by christian001 »

The kingdom of God is the rule and reign of God in this world. That does not mean that heaven (or hell) is not real. https://www.explainchristianity.com/is- ... periences/

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: The Kingdom of God is meant to be of this world.

Post #35

Post by TRANSPONDER »

christian001 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:25 am The kingdom of God is the rule and reign of God in this world. That does not mean that heaven (or hell) is not real. https://www.explainchristianity.com/is- ... periences/
It does not. But it is a bit of a cognitive problem isn't it, that we have two scenarios - one where the dead are going to emerge from their graves to be judged fit to live on earth under God's rule, and the one where they died and went to heaven or hell. Which is it? You tell me.