Born from above!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Bobcat
Apprentice
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Born from above!

Post #1

Post by Bobcat »

Jesus says you must be born from above.

Scripture says he who is born from above is from heaven.

Since man does not really know where heaven is how can he know who comes from heaven or who is from above?

John 3:3
Jesus answered him, "Very truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above."

John 3:7
7 Do not be astonished that I said to you, "You must be born from above”.


John 3:31
31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks about earthly things. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

So, are you born from above? Are you from heaven?

TRANSPONDER
Savant
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:05 am
Has thanked: 951 times
Been thanked: 3534 times

Re: Born from above!

Post #91

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:51 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:43 pm
Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm Because I did what Jesus said to do. Christianity follows Paul.
You claim to've did what a book claims Jesus told you to do.

Without your confirming the facts involved, it's impossible for us to confirm you speak truth.
(Reverend) Bobcat wrote: “The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.”

I’m a shepherd of the sheep. A good shepherd.
"You can trust me, I've got all the bible quotes."

I wouldn't trust you to know how to open a gate, much less how to get to the other side once you did.
The thing is, you guys want me to reveal to you things that I am not supposed to do. These are revelations that only God is supposed to do. I’m not going to take that chance. These things one has to earn in order to acquire.

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

If you want to know you must serve and spread the WORD.
Your choice and decision.But the fact is, if you choose not to provide the evidence, why should anyone be convinced by your arguments. That you swear that it's all true trust you even though you are forbidden to provide the evidence. Dude, we not buy Taj Mahals with an Eiffel tower on top.

User avatar
JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned
Posts: 20879
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:59 am
Location: Here
Has thanked: 4093 times
Been thanked: 2572 times

Re: Born from above!

Post #92

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Bobcat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:51 pm The thing is, you guys want me to reveal to you things that I am not supposed to do.
Well don't that just rip up the mater patch, here you are attempting to debate, and God's got a gun pointing to your head saying you're not allowed to offer any means by which we may confirm you speak truth.
These are revelations that only God is supposed to do.
That's as convenient as diapers on a baby, and for the same reason.
I’m not going to take that chance.
Of course you won't take a chance to show you speak truth.

The liar lies and the preacher preaches.
These things one has to earn in order to acquire.
You've got more reason to avoid responsibility for your claims than a possum's got teeth.
(Reverend) Bobcat wrote: “The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”
I challenge...

What's the use, you'll just present another excuse as to why you're not responsible for the claims you present IN A DANG DEBATE!
If you want to know you must serve and spread the WORD.
Your word's only good for spreading on the crops.

The liar lies and the preacher preaches.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 14121
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 910 times
Been thanked: 1640 times
Contact:

Re: Born from above!

Post #93

Post by William »

Re:
viewtopic.php?p=1118678#p1118678
viewtopic.php?p=1118750#p1118750
viewtopic.php?p=1118811#p1118811

William wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:49 pm [Replying to Bobcat in post #57]
Follow my lead and you will see. That is the proof.

“If you continue in my word you’re truly my disciple then you’ll know the truth and the truth will set you free.”
What is this truth you know - assuming you even are truly are a disciple?
And

What has this truth set you free from?
I have waited for a reply before now, responding.

The Truth
There is only a subjective point of view, no matter where one is viewing from.

In that, there are only two directions. Out and IN.
There is no actual direction as:
up
down
upside down
downside up
above
below

Going in, will eventually have one coming out.

The overall problem with the YHVH/JESUS combination is how religion has and continues to go about claiming that these minds are supernatural.

Supernaturalism causes the disease.

There is no reason I can provide as to why Supernaturalism shouldn't be exterminated from the Mind of all Humanity, as it has proved to be something of a curse rather that a blessing. A trap rather than a freedom.

Having said as much, I acknowledge the responsibility of the individual personality to do the deleting of such verifiably false teaching, re their own subjective wills.
One by one.
One painful step following the other.
Until a bright storyline appears on the horizon re "Epiphany".

Bless You All/Good Luck in The Journey.

The Liar lies The Preacher preachers.
Jesus taught on hills and beaches.
Picked apart by those with reaches.
Rearranged what Jesus teachers.
Shedding blood. Resembling leaches.
Being well paid by giving speeches.
Carving statues with fine features.
Making gods to look like creatures.
Cursing apples blessing peaches.
Sealing up (all known) breaches.
Last edited by William on Mon May 22, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TRANSPONDER
Savant
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:05 am
Has thanked: 951 times
Been thanked: 3534 times

Re: Born from above!

Post #94

Post by TRANSPONDER »

That was pretty clever O:)

Post Reply