Jehovah's Witnesses issue four new prophecies

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Jehovah's Witnesses issue four new prophecies

Post #1

Post by Miles »

According to a Wikipedia article the Jehovah’s Witnesses people haven't made a prophecy since 1989, 34 years ago. But just today I stumbled across four that were made in 2020. Lucky! Right?

From

"STUDY ARTICLE 20
Who Is “the King of the North” Today?

WE HAVE more evidence than ever before that we are living at the end of the last days of this system of things. Soon, Jehovah and Jesus Christ will destroy all governments that oppose the Kingdom. Before that event occurs, the king of the north and the king of the south will continue their conflict with each other and with God’s people."

So, who are these kings of the north and the south?

......... "Note why we can say that today the king of the north is Russia and its allies. . . . ."

......... "They [king of the north and its allies] have been competing with the king of the south, the Anglo-American World Power."

prophecy #1 (what god and Jesus will do to governments that oppose the Kingdom, and when)
1 Soon, Jehovah and Jesus Christ will destroy all governments that oppose the Kingdom.

prophecy #2 (What shape the king of the south be in when god and Jesus destroy all human governments)
10 The prophecy recorded at Daniel 11:40-45 focuses mainly on the activity of the king of the north. Does this mean that he will conquer the king of the south? No. The king of the south will still be “alive” when Jehovah and Jesus destroy all human governments at the war of Armageddon.

prophecy #3 (What the coalition of nations will do to god's people)
14 Sometime after the start of the great tribulation, “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition of nations. (Rev. 16:13, 14; 19:19) That coalition becomes what the Scriptures call “Gog of the land of Magog.” (Ezek. 38:2) That coalition of nations will make one final all-out assault on God’s people.

prophecy #4 (What a person needs to do to be saved and when this will happen)
19 If we [support God’s Kingdom] we will be saved when the king of the north and the king of the south are destroyed by God’s Kingdom.

Publishied May 2020
source

OR aren't these prophecies at all?

Miles
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses issue four new prophecies

Post #11

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:57 pm
Miles wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm...
Doesn't say a thing about God AND Jesus doing anything. So someone in the JW organization slipped Jesus into the mix, prophesying that he would be helping out....It was including Jesus in the prophecy that takes it out of the Bible...
DID DANIEL PROPHECY THAT JESUS WOULD ACT WITH GOD IN KINGDOM POWER?

DANIEL 7:13, 14

“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man [1] was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days,[2]+ and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership,+ honor,+ and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him.+ His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed" - compare Acts 7:56

[1] The Ancient of days - compare Dan 7:18, 22, 25, 27
[2] The Son of Man - compare Mat 8:20; 9:6; 10:23

• The Prophet DANIEL "slipped Jesus into the mix, prophesying that he would be helping out" EVIDENCE : Daniel chapter 7 v13 , 14
Doesn't say a thing about Jesus, or Jesus helping god destroy anything. Once again a bald JW prophecy.

Miles
Savant

Post #12

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:45 pm WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

The Prophet EZEKIEL
Miles wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:09 pm

prophecy #3 (What the coalition of nations will do to god's people)
EZEKIEL 38:

“So prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: “On that day when my people Israel are dwelling in security, will you not know it? 15 You will come from your place, from the remotest parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly, a vast army.j 16 Like clouds covering the land, you will come against my people Israel
  • EZEKIEL made Prophecy #3 and said "what would happen to God's people

EVIDENCE
So prophesy, son of man - Ezekiel 38 : 14
So, does the Bible say anything to the effect that "the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition of nations"? Nope. This is a concoction of JWs.

Does the Bible say anything to the effect that this "coalition of nations will make one final all-out assault on God’s people? Nope. This is also a concoction of JWs, AND the prophecy of the JWs. Not that of the Bible.

Miles
Savant

Post #13

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:47 pm WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

JESUS OF NAZARETH

MATTHEW 25 : 31-34, 39

When the Son of man+ comes in his glory, and all the angels with him,+ then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep+ on his right hand, but the goats on his left.34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world [...] King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

• Jesus made Prophecy #4 and said "when" it will happen

EVIDENCE
... the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence+ and of the conclusion of the system of things?” In answer Jesus said to them: “ ... Matthew 24:3
So what does Jesus say about such destruction? In Mathew 24:6-8 he says those who support God’s Kingdom, his followers, shouldn't be fooled by such destruction. Yet this is exactly when the JWs prophesied that Jesus supporters will be saved.

JWs prophesied that "If we [support God’s Kingdom] we will be saved when [not before or after] the king of the north and the king of the south are destroyed by God’s Kingdom."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Post by JehovahsWitness »

WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

The Prophet DANIEL
Miles wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:32 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:57 pm
Miles wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm...
Doesn't say a thing about God AND Jesus doing anything. So someone in the JW organization slipped Jesus into the mix, prophesying that he would be helping out....It was including Jesus in the prophecy that takes it out of the Bible...
DID DANIEL PROPHECY THAT JESUS WOULD ACT WITH GOD IN KINGDOM POWER?

DANIEL 7:13, 14

“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man [1] was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days,[2]+ and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership,+ honor,+ and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him.+ His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed" - compare Acts 7:56

[1] The Ancient of days - compare Dan 7:18, 22, 25, 27
[2] The Son of Man - compare Mat 8:20; 9:6; 10:23

• The Prophet DANIEL "slipped Jesus into the mix, prophesying that he would be helping out" EVIDENCE : Daniel chapter 7 v13 , 14
Doesn't say a thing about Jesus ...

The "Son of Man" is a reference to JESUS.

Source : Edinburgh Research Archive, University of Edinburgh
https://era.ed.ac.uk/handle/1842/22020# ... %20Dan%207.

• "Whitefield, for example, argues that within the biblical context, all humans are referred to as "Sons of Man", or more specifically, sons of Adam. Jesus' claiming this specific title was a direct claim to divine authority, alluding to that of Daniel, the one who is prophesied to "[come] with the clouds of heaven" and who is to be "given authority, glory and sovereign power" - Whitefield, Samuel. “Why ‘Son of Man’ in the Gospels Was a Unique Reference to Daniel 7.” SamuelWhitefield, 2022
  • "... The Messiah is here [Daniel 7:13, 14] called the Son of man; he was made in the likeness of sinful flesh, and was found in fashion as a man, but he is the Son of God. The great event foretold in this passage, is Christ's glorious coming , to destroy every antichristian power, and to render his own kingdom universal upon earth" - Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

RELATED POSTS

Emmanuel : Does Jesus theophoric name make him equal to Almighty God?
viewtopic.php?p=1112508#p1112508
To learn more please go to other posts related to

JESUS , HIS TITLES and ...MESSIANIC PROPHECY
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri May 26, 2023 9:29 am, edited 13 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Miles wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:31 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:47 pm WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

JESUS OF NAZARETH

MATTHEW 25 : 31-34, 39

When the Son of man+ comes in his glory, and all the angels with him,+ then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep+ on his right hand, but the goats on his left.34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world [...] King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

• Jesus made Prophecy #4 and said "when" it will happen

EVIDENCE
... the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence+ and of the conclusion of the system of things?” In answer Jesus said to them: “ ... Matthew 24:3
So what does Jesus say about such destruction?

IN THE SAME PROPHECY, JESUS PROPHECIED WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO THOSE JUDGED ADVERSLY SAYING ....

MATTHEW 25:41-46 NIV

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

RELATED POSTS

What is Armageddon?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 289#865289
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri May 26, 2023 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

The Apostle JOHN

Miles wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:53 pm So, does the Bible say anything to the effect that "the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition* of nations?

REVELATION 16: 14

... and they perform signs,b and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty

COALITION

noun
a temporary alliance for combined action, especially of political parties forming a government
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri May 26, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

The Prophet DANIEL
Miles wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:31 am
"... the king of the north and the king of the south are destroyed by God’s Kingdom."
DANIEL 11:45b

"and he [The king of the North] will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him"
DANIEL 2:44

"It [Gods Kingdom] will crush and put an end to ALL these kingdoms"

• DANIEL recorded the Prophecy that ... "all these kingdoms", ie king of the north and the king of the south and any others that exist at the time will be destroyed by God’s Kingdom

RELATED POSTS
Does Daniel's prophecy involve Jesus?
viewtopic.php?p=1122678#p1122678

What did Jesus indicate will happen to those that support his kingdom?
viewtopic.php?p=1122679#p1122679

What will God do to those that oppose His kingdom?
viewtopic.php?p=1122593#p1122593

Does bible prophecy allude to a "coalition of nations" ?
viewtopic.php?p=1122680#p1122680

Does the bible predict Jesus will destroy all human governments at the war of Armageddon?
viewtopic.php?p=1122593#p1122593

Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri May 26, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #18

WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

Miles wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm ...as Daniel tells the story, God's kingdom would be set up and destroy the other kingdoms in "the days of those kings," which, of course is long past due.
What do you mean by "God's kingdom would be set up " are you suggesting the writer was making a prediction about the future? What do you mean "Daniel tells the story" that is "long past due" ... are you saying Daniel wrote a story that was supposed to subsequently happen ? Wouldn't that be a PROPHECY? Are you saying that Daniel wrote a prophetic story ? ie that the PROPHECY was Daniel's?

Please clarify who wrote/ made the prophecy (prophetic story/ story predicting the future) so I can better respond?
Thank you,

JW

RELATED POSTS
What is the difference between a PREDICTION and A PROPHECY?
viewtopic.php?p=1045225#p1045225

What is the difference between inspired revelation and biblical interpretation?
viewtopic.php?p=1045211#p1045211

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

The JESUS CHRIST
Miles wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:29 pm... what was "this prophecy" the Awake! magazine was alluding to?

....'Christ's kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914...
WHERE is this prophecy in scripture ?
LUKE 21:24

“Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations [“the times of the Gentiles,” King James Version] are fulfilled.”

• LUKE recorded that Jesus Christ prophecies that there would be an end to the fixed [appointed] time ... "for the nations"

WHAT DID JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES DO? Jehovahs Witnesses offered their Interpretation* of the prophecy that Jesus gave.

NOTE Jehovah's Witnesses, to this day, hold that the "gentile times" Jesus spoke of did indeed end in the year 1914.

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM, 1914 and ... THE GENTILE TIMES

Miles
Savant

Post #20

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:19 pm WHO MADE THE PROPHECY?

The JESUS CHRIST
Really? Jesus said :

......."Christ's [My] kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914; the Jews, as a people, would be restored to God's favor; the
......."saints" would be carried to heaven"

Citing 1914 no less? Because according to the article in Wikipedia that's how they, or their source . . .

....... "Charles Taze Russell and Nelson H. Barbour, The Three Worlds (1907) as cited by James Penton, Apocalypse Delayed, pages
....... 21–22." [reference 28]

. . . put it.

WHERE is this prophecy in scripture ?
As far as I know it isn't.