Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

1. Jehovah’s Witnesses say Jesus was “a god.” This is how the NWT reads (John 1:1).

Do JW’s believe Jesus was a true or false god?

2. JW’s say Jesus is a created being.

When was Jesus (capital or lower case g) created?

I look forward to your responses to one or both questions.

MissKate13
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

Revelations won
Sage

Re: Questions about Jesus and JW’s

Post #511

Post by Revelations won »

I have a few questions regarding the NIV.

1. Did the NIV translation come by revelation from the Holy Ghost?

2. Who authorized the NIV?

3. How are the NIV interpretations received?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #512

Post by JehovahsWitness »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:15 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:34 am
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:17 pm As I've stated. Each of the beings of the GODHEAD have specific qualities, and yet all three benefit from each other as ONE essence.
I cannot say I understand what all that means, but scripture is clear, the Son, even I heaven ( in spirit form) is not equal in age, power, role or position to The Father (YHWH).

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
...When HE took on humanity, HE emptied HIMSELF ....

I was not refering to Jesus when he was on earth, I was speaking of the resurrected Son presently in Heaven, even in his elevated position (No longer a human but a mighty spirit) Jesus (as THE WORD) is still not (nor will he ever be ) equal to The Father (YHWH) in age, position or power.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #513

Post by LittleNipper »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:53 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:17 pm As I've stated. Each of the beings of the GODHEAD have specific qualities, and yet all three benefit from each other as ONE essence.
I cannot say I understand what all that means, but scripture is clear, the Son, even I heaven ( in spirit form) is not equal in age, power, role or position to The Father (YHWH).

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

I was not refering to Jesus when he was on earth, I was speaking of the resurrected Son presently in Heaven, even in his elevated position (No longer a human but a mighty spirit) Jesus (as THE WORD) is still not (nor will he ever be ) equal to The Father (YHWH) in age, position or power.

JW
There is an ancient heresy known as Subordinationism. It taught that the SON was the eternal GOD but that HIS attributes were in some ways inferior to those of FATHER. This was based upon the fact that the SON was submissive to the FATHER while here upon the earth. Certain people wrongly assumed that this meant that HE was inferior in character.

However, the fact that GOD the SON submitted to FATHER does not imply inferiority. Indeed, the Bible reveals THEY are the same substance. While each member of the TRINITY is fully GOD THEY have different roles or functions within the GODHEAD. When JESUS (GOD the SON) came to earth He voluntarily submitted to the will of the FATHER. In doing so, HE was lesser in position to the FATHER, however He was not lesser in character.

When properly understood the submission of JESUS CHRIST to the FATHER while HE was here upon the earth does not imply that HE was in any sense lesser in character to the Father. Fortunately, the heresy of Subordinationism has not been very widespread.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #514

Post by LittleNipper »

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

JW
There is an ancient heresy known as Subordinationism. It taught that the SON was the eternal GOD but that HIS attributes were in some ways inferior to those of FATHER. This was based upon the fact that the SON was submissive to the FATHER while here upon the earth. Certain people wrongly assumed that this meant that HE was inferior in character.

However, the fact that GOD the SON submitted to FATHER does not imply inferiority. Indeed, the Bible reveals THEY are the same substance. While each member of the TRINITY is fully GOD THEY have different roles or functions within the GODHEAD. When JESUS (GOD the SON) came to earth He voluntarily submitted to the will of the FATHER. In doing so, HE was lesser in position to the FATHER, however He was not lesser in character.

When properly understood the submission of JESUS CHRIST to the FATHER while HE was here upon the earth does not imply that HE was in any sense lesser in character to the FATHER. Fortunately, the heresy of Subordinationism has not been very widespread.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #515

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:21 pm [
When properly understood the submission of JESUS CHRIST to the FATHER while HE was here upon the earth ...
And what about his submission while in heaven?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

kjw47
Banned
Banned

Post #516

Post by kjw47 »

LittleNipper wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:21 pm

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

JW

When properly understood the submission of JESUS CHRIST to the FATHER while HE was here upon the earth does not imply that HE was in any sense lesser in character to the FATHER. Fortunately, the heresy of Subordinationism has not been very widespread.

Here back in heaven=1Cor 15:24-28--These events occur after Armageddon and the 1000 year reign. It says--Jesus must hand back the kingdom to his God and Father and subject himself)---that means forever. Now one must ask--Does God have a God? Is God in subjection to anyone? Both answers are no. One must believe Jesus( John 20:17, Rev 3:12) over what these( 2Thess 2:3= The religion that came out of Rome) did centuries ago and until this very day, satan beat 99% on earth today-centuries ago, they have no clue. They listen to these( 2 Cor 11:12-15)

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #517

Post by LittleNipper »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:44 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:21 pm [
When properly understood the submission of JESUS CHRIST to the FATHER while HE was here upon the earth ...
THEY were ONE and CHRIST returns to being GLORIFIED and GLORIFYING.
John 17
New King James Version
Jesus Prays for Himself
17 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Jesus Prays for His Disciples
6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.

9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Jesus Prays for All Believers
20 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

24 “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

Revelations won
Sage

Post #518

Post by Revelations won »

Dear JW,

You said:
"I was not referring to Jesus when he was on earth, I was speaking of the resurrected Son presently in Heaven, even in his elevated position (No longer a human but a mighty spirit) Jesus (as THE WORD) is still not (nor will he ever be ) equal to The Father (YHWH) in age, position or power."

My response:

You claim that he is a mighty spirit and does not have a body of flesh and bone.

I fully disagree with you for according to scripture we have this mighty testimony of the risen Lord:

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

You JW’s understand not because you have not “the testimony of Jesus For the testimony of Jesus ”is the spirit of prophesy”

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

My response: Daniel gives a clear answer.

Daniel 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
Last edited by Revelations won on Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #519

LittleNipper wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:48 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:44 pm And what about his submission while in heaven?
So you dont believe Jesus is subject to the Father after he returned to heaven ?

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #520

Post by LittleNipper »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:59 pm
LittleNipper wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:48 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:44 pm And what about his submission while in heaven?
So you dont believe Jesus is subject to the Father after he returned to heaven ?
I fully believe that THEY (including the HOLY SPIRIT) glorify each other (fully complimentary of each other,) and in your point of view, permissively subject to each other willingly for the same things, desires, & reasons. THEY are ONE. None of these beings created the other two. THEY ARE GOD, and we were created in THEIR image... TRIUNE in nature; however, obviously not as a godhead. I don't agree with the stipulations of the "Jehovah Witnesses." I'm convinced that they are faulty and demonstrate an insincerity towards CHRIST and the HOLY SPIRIT which ultimately naively casts defamation at the GODHEAD and the FATHER.