Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Justin108
Subject:
Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

Tex wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

Tex wrote:

HiddenHand wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

Tex wrote:

Quote:
Oh and by the way... God didn't give up a damn thing. Where is Jesus now? In heaven. How was he "given up" if he is sitting snugly next to God?



Amazing.....If a man send his son to a war and he comes back alive....Does that mean his Father didn't suffer?
Wake up man....Understand before you talk. Go to bible school already.
Your post are all weak in understanding what the NT is about.

I never said Jesus didn't suffer. I said Jesus wasn't "given up".


I was wondering when you would use your "Oh you atheists wouldn't understand" cop out.

So back to the OP. Why did God HAVE to sacrifice Jesus?



I wasn't talking about the suffering of the son. It was about the suffering of the Father.

You see....You can't understand. How can anyone who does not believe in God even start to understand. Your foundation is weak and will crumble.

"Oh you atheists will never understand"
Are you going to debate or are you going to keep copping out?



Until you learn to do math.....You can't play with the teacher. It's pointless.
You get what I'm telling you? That's why we(Creationist) are all stupid when it comes to evolution....Right?
Now....study the bible with people that KNOW the bible then you may able to play.
Right now...You are lost when in comes to things of God.


You know, I try not to get irritated, but this kind of belief-centered, patronizing, self-righteous babble really pisses me off.

Your answers are in no way akin to a debate and are based on some sort of notion that you somehow "get it" and others are missing the point because they don't share your own supremely enlightened point of view. Not to mention the fact that your spelling and grammar are terrible and don't help your cause. It's people WHO know the bible, by the way. Your initial post was terribly written as well.

The problem with theists like you is that you constantly shift the goal posts based on your interpretation. The catch 22 in a debate such as this is nothing can be proven or disproven because you make up the rules as you go.

A belief is not a fact. It's an emotional circumstance in your mind. Most of us have read the NT and if you can't come to terms with the fact that people don't "get it" like you do, you don't have a place on this forum

Cheers #-o



Typical atheist response...."They read the NT" So what? You can't even phantom a being higher than yourself. You are your own gods. That is itself, is a closed mind attitude to the known universe. This is why atheist never discover anything. You can only see death.

You hate the idea of God....Because it accuses of your sin. No one likes to here they are not perfect.

Cheers

I know I'm not perfect. And I know I have done wrong in the past. If all you can offer to the debate is insults then you don't belong here. This is a forum for civil and intellectual debates. Do you have anything to contribute to the debate? No? Then do us all a favor and shut up



Insults???? That's funny....Who's going around putting up verses of the NT and trying to insult every Christian on this board?
Please...don't play the ignorant card....Like you really want to believe what we believe.

I am not trying to insult anyone. I am debating Christianity. That's what this forum is for incase you haven't noticed.



Are you interested in believing in CHrist who died for your sins? Or do you believe it to be just a superman comic?

You're confusing debating with preaching. I am here to participate in a formal argument about the validity of Christian dogma. I recommend reading the forum rules to understand the purpose of this forum. You don't seem to understand


Why? I want to know......Do you believe that the bible is true?

Nope



Very good then.....So you are here to show as Christian what a silly book we believe in.
You will put up verses of God's sacrifice and tell us how stupid God was for doing this.
Because if you were god, you would just snap your fingers and all would be good.
Because for some reason you know how god should work and not some stupid fairy tale book.

So you are going to show us backward believing Christian how it is done.
And since you know a better way....Then there can't be a GOD.



Your right....This site is about people who don't believe in God showing us Christians how silly are beliefs are.
I never learn.
Should just find a corner....So why don't I? Maybe it's just my PASSION.

I respond to reason. Not passion.

This is a debate forum. Here you will find Christians who say Atheists are wrong and you will find Atheists who say Christians are wrong. The purpose of debate is to demonstrate why the opposition is wrong. That is what this forum is all about. If you want to preach, then find someone who cares. If you are unwilling to debate, then I will have to ignore you. You are wasting my time



You mean "true" Since that's how the NT writer said it went down. You're not debating the fact that it is in the NT. You're trying to show the NT is just a made up lie.
Because if you were god...that's not how you would do it.

Oh just stop your bitching. If you don't want to debate the kindly piss off

olavisjo
Subject:
Justin108 wrote:

This is a debate forum. Here you will find Christians who say Atheists are wrong and you will find Atheists who say Christians are wrong. The purpose of debate is to demonstrate why the opposition is wrong. That is what this forum is all about. If you want to preach, then find someone who cares. If you are unwilling to debate, then I will have to ignore you. You are wasting my time

The purpose is to demonstrate why anyone including myself is wrong. Why tolerate error just because it supports your own "side"?

Goat
Subject: Re: What is the logic behind Jesus' crucifixion?
Tex wrote:

Goat wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

This is arguably the core of the Christian faith that Jesus died for our sins and made it possible for us to live for eternity in heaven... but why did Jesus have to die in order for us to have our sins forgiven?

God makes the rules. There is no "God HAD to sacrifice Jesus" because God can do anything.

Christians often say that God cannot let sin go unpunished as it would be unjust; but is it any more just to sacrifice an innocent man on behalf of a guilty man? If a man rapes a little girl and the man's brother offers to go to prison on his behalf, would this be justice?

If god is satisfied by punishment without guilt (Jesus), why is he not satisfied with guilt without punishment?


You see.....The thing about God, is that God is the "master planner" And God will always do thing that we as humans will never understand.
So your question are just that....A way of trying to hurt are beliefs.

How can I, a creation ever understand God? IN the things I do....I Do. IN the thing I do not I must trust. I trust God because he was willing to give up that which he loved the most, in order to save what he could destroy in a blink of an eye.

We all have choices to make. One of them is to give your soul to God. If you do not, then you will never be able to withstand Satan.
Satan in heaven is too dangerous.


Can you show that 'God is the master planner'. Is that anything more than a statement of belief? Or , is that just an excuse to try to make sense of stories that otherwise don't make sense.

Can you provide any evidence that "God is a master planner', or is that just one of those 'unsupported claims' I keep on hearing about.



Read the NT.


I have. It has the aura of myth and legend to me.

HiddenHand
Subject:
There's an old saying.

If you can't take the heat, get your ass out the kitchen.

I don't understand why someone would come to a debate forum and get upset when someone challenges their views.

If you're such a good Christian and your faith is so strong, what are you worried about? I'm pretty sure the Jesus you know wouldn't react that way. By the traditional Christian view of him, he would probably "turn the other cheek".

Furthermore, if an atheist posts a bible verse it's to test it's consistency and interpretation. If you get upset at that all it shows is your intolerance and subsequently soft ego.

Get over it.

Cheers :)

Tex
Subject: Re: What is the logic behind Jesus' crucifixion?
Goat wrote:

Tex wrote:

Goat wrote:

Tex wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

This is arguably the core of the Christian faith that Jesus died for our sins and made it possible for us to live for eternity in heaven... but why did Jesus have to die in order for us to have our sins forgiven?

God makes the rules. There is no "God HAD to sacrifice Jesus" because God can do anything.

Christians often say that God cannot let sin go unpunished as it would be unjust; but is it any more just to sacrifice an innocent man on behalf of a guilty man? If a man rapes a little girl and the man's brother offers to go to prison on his behalf, would this be justice?

If god is satisfied by punishment without guilt (Jesus), why is he not satisfied with guilt without punishment?


You see.....The thing about God, is that God is the "master planner" And God will always do thing that we as humans will never understand.
So your question are just that....A way of trying to hurt are beliefs.

How can I, a creation ever understand God? IN the things I do....I Do. IN the thing I do not I must trust. I trust God because he was willing to give up that which he loved the most, in order to save what he could destroy in a blink of an eye.

We all have choices to make. One of them is to give your soul to God. If you do not, then you will never be able to withstand Satan.
Satan in heaven is too dangerous.


Can you show that 'God is the master planner'. Is that anything more than a statement of belief? Or , is that just an excuse to try to make sense of stories that otherwise don't make sense.

Can you provide any evidence that "God is a master planner', or is that just one of those 'unsupported claims' I keep on hearing about.



Read the NT.


I have. It has the aura of myth and legend to me.



It's not. It's about real people and the history of the life of Christ.
So ....you don't have to believe it...But don't try and tell me it's not true.

What your truth based on?.....Nothing.
Like always..... atheism only offers death.

Peter
Subject:
Quote:
What is the logic behind Jesus' Crucifixion?


A better question would be what's the logic behind christianity?

By the age of 10 I was already starting to recognize the illogic in christianity. By 11 I was starting to think there should be a "Check your brain at the door before entering" sign on every church. By 12 I knew I was incapable of jettisoning enough logic to have faith in christianity.

Now, 40 some years later I don't think christians are illogical as much as totally unable to see the lack of logic in their religion. Their overwhelming need for hope blinds them to the obvious truth that christianity, like numerous older religions, was invented by men and is only sustained by hope.

If we could find something real for people to put their hope in christianity would wither and die.

Justin108
Subject:
olavisjo wrote:

Justin108 wrote:

This is a debate forum. Here you will find Christians who say Atheists are wrong and you will find Atheists who say Christians are wrong. The purpose of debate is to demonstrate why the opposition is wrong. That is what this forum is all about. If you want to preach, then find someone who cares. If you are unwilling to debate, then I will have to ignore you. You are wasting my time

The purpose is to demonstrate why anyone including myself is wrong. Why tolerate error just because it supports your own "side"?

Fair enough. But he's doing neither

Justin108
Subject: Re: What is the logic behind Jesus' crucifixion?
Tex wrote:



It's not. It's about real people and the history of the life of Christ.
.

Prove it




Tex wrote:


So ....you don't have to believe it...But don't try and tell me it's not true.
.

Why not?





Tex wrote:
What your truth based on?.....Nothing..

What's your "truth" based on? The tales of dead men


Tex wrote:

Like always..... atheism only offers death..

Is that why you're a Christian? Because you dislike the concept of death? Well telling yourself you won't die will not make it so. All men die. You will too. An unsavory truth is still a truth and the truth of the matter is we all die.

Justin108
Subject:
Peter wrote:

Quote:
What is the logic behind Jesus' Crucifixion?


A better question would be what's the logic behind christianity?

.

A bit too general a question for me. A lie as big as Christianity is a stone wall that cannot be smashed in one blow. All we can hope to do is chip away with it piece by piece by exposing lie by lie

micatala
Subject:
justin 108 wrote:


Oh just stop your bitching. If you don't want to debate the kindly piss off




:warning: Moderator Warning



This is very clearly uncivil and unproductive, as well as mildly profane.

Please review our Rules.

______________

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Page 5 of 56


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this subforum
You cannot reply to topics in this subforum
You cannot edit your posts in this subforum
You cannot delete your posts in this subforum
You cannot vote in polls in this subforum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Full Version