The pursuit of knowledge and truth, through God, through science, through civil and engaging debate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic
Furrowed Brow
First Post
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 am  America to recognise Jerusalem Reply with quote

US to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Anyone else think this invites more terrorism and signals ever more turmoil?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 21: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:49 pm
Re: America to recognise Jerusalem

Like this post
Kenisaw wrote:

Islamic extremists think the entire planet is injust and needs to, quite literally, die or become subjugated to Islam.

Israel would not invade, they would not launch rockets, there would be no attack, and I think intellectually honest people can all agree on that. What if Israel laid down all their arms today?

I think we also know the answer to that question...and that's all you really need to know.

I agree with you completely.

Israel suffers more from nice people wanting to hand out flowers to brutes than from Iranian threats or even rockets from the border she dutifully vacated.

When she wisely, courageously and correctly sent a plane in to Entebbe to rescue her citizens taken prisoner in a terrorist hijack, she was condemned by many countries for "invading" Ugandan airspace and attacking the poor Ugandans who were protecting their guest terrorists. It is impossible for Israel to do the right thing: she will be condemned no matter how hard she tries. She allowed Palestinians access to concrete to build homes and schools;instead they built tunnels from which to attack Israel. Hamas locates rocket bases in schools. Israel does not attack children and gives three warnings that she is about to destroy the rockets. Hamas prefers that children die - it gains propaganda so that nice people can continue to offer flowers and condemnations for Israeli atrocities.

It is good that Israel has some sensible friends..... apart from God, who is not the best of defenders. Perhaps the Egyptian plagues exhausted his resources.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 22: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by Furrowed Brow]

Quote:
Jerusalem as capitol of Israel -- more terrorism and unrest?

I think making Jerusalem the next Amazon distribution center would have been as good, if not better, a move. Less chance of terrorism and more exposure to Capitalism.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 23: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Like this post
Furrowed Brow wrote:

US to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Anyone else think this invites more terrorism and signals ever more turmoil?

It probably does but to what extent it's hard to tell. But I think that in this case, it's the right thing to do. Israel wants it and we're Israel's ally, so why not? So what if the terrorists get bent out of shape over it? They're already warped.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 24: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 am

Like this post
Trust that clown in the White House to do something, which is bound to cause problems. Israel has no more right to Jerusalem than do the Palestinians.

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter