Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Gracchus
Apprentice

Post #1271

Post by Gracchus »

[Replying to post 1267 by Checkpoint]

So the takeaway is: Don't listen to your wife?

And don't forget everyone else has to suffer, too, because Adam listened to his wife, and she listened to the serpent that God created, knowing what it would do: that Eve would listen to it and Adam would listen to her. It seems a little excessive for something that was for sure going to happen. Oh, and by the way, childhood cancer, harlequin babies, hurricanes, tsunamis et al.

:study:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1272

Post by onewithhim »

Gracchus wrote: [Replying to post 1267 by Checkpoint]

And don't forget everyone else has to suffer, too, because Adam listened to his wife, and she listened to the serpent that God created, knowing what it would do: that Eve would listen to it and Adam would listen to her. It seems a little excessive for something that was for sure going to happen. Oh, and by the way, childhood cancer, harlequin babies, hurricanes, tsunamis et al.

No, the take-away answer is not "don't listen to your wife." The take-away answer is (1)if you know that a terrible deed has been done, don't go along with it; one's loyalty to God is of supreme importance, and (2)think of how your actions will impact others.

God did not create Satan as Satan. Satan ("the original serpent") was created as a perfect, righteous angel. He decided that he wanted to rebel, so he did. That made him "Satan," the resister.

There has been much thought about what God will allow Himself to know. Just because He CAN know everything, it doesn't follow that He CHOOSES to know everything. What a boring existence for Him if He chose to know absolutely everything before it even happened. I believe that He chose not to know what Adam & Eve (and even the angel that became Satan) would do. Otherwise, He would be responsible for all the evil that influences this world since Satan started talking to Eve. Jehovah is not responsible. He made His angel and human creations to have free will, and He allows us all to exercise that privilege. We are responsible for what we choose to do.

So....just because we can whistle, do we whistle all the time, 24/7? Just because God can know everything, does he choose to know what is going on every minute of the day, with every person on the earth?

There are some excellent videos on topics such as this on the website www.jw.org if you would like to check them out.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1273

Post by onewithhim »

Please, folks, comment on these posts. I'm anxious to hear what you have to say.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1274

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote: Please, folks, comment on these posts. I'm anxious to hear what you have to say.
Now that's a familiar cry, onewithhim!

Good to see you are back into writing many posts.

Please, can you include me?

I have been waiting for your replies to my two posts to you on the Miracles thread, #164 and 165.

Thanks.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #1275

Post by brianbbs67 »

Yes, don't listen to her. But don't tell anyone I said this. as to the rest, an environment has been established here for many years. The things you bemoan are always there. Life is risky.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1276

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Please, folks, comment on these posts. I'm anxious to hear what you have to say.
Now that's a familiar cry, onewithhim!

Good to see you are back into writing many posts.

Please, can you include me?

I have been waiting for your replies to my two posts to you on the Miracles thread, #164 and 165.

Thanks.
I'm sorry to say that I blocked you awhile back because you seemed like a different person. You didn't answer questions and you asked questions that I knew had been already addressed on threads that you yourself started. I'll put you back on my radar, and hope I don't get too stressed out. I'm fighting cancer and stress upsets my immune system. [-o< O:)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1277

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:

Yes, don't listen to her. But don't tell anyone I said this. as to the rest, an environment has been established here for many years. The things you bemoan are always there. Life is risky.
Those things are always there for now. In Paradise they will all be gone! Anyway, it was not set in stone that Adam and Eve would rebel. I believe that Jehovah chose to not know what they would do. (Jehovah is all-mighty and CAN destroy the whole universe if He wanted to, but He chooses not to. So it doesn't follow that just because He CAN do something that He would do it all the time.)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1278

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:

Those things are always there for now. In Paradise they will all be gone! Anyway, it was not set in stone that Adam and Eve would rebel. I believe that Jehovah chose to not know what they would do. (Jehovah is all-mighty and CAN destroy the whole universe if He wanted to, but He chooses not to. So it doesn't follow that just because He CAN do something that He would do it all the time.)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1279

Post by onewithhim »

Don't listen to your wife, brian? Is that what you think? Isn't that contrary to what God says in the Scriptures? (Genesis 21:12)

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #1280

Post by brianbbs67 »

onewithhim wrote: Don't listen to your wife, brian? Is that what you think? Isn't that contrary to what God says in the Scriptures? (Genesis 21:12)

I was being facetious . Wondering who listened here. I listen to the woman God gave me. ;)