Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Is the Earth really ruled by Satan?

Post #1

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:07 am
William wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:41 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2636]

YHVH informs me that YHVH is the most high over all the Earth and always has been.

It would appear that if Satan works for YHVH as a means of sorting out those who understand YHVH is the most high over all the Earth from those who believe otherwise, then this does not change the fact that YHVH is the most high over all the Earth.
Satan is not working FOR Jehovah. He is working against Him. He challenged Jehovah that he could prove that mankind could live without Him and was given the opportunity by Jehovah. Jehovah is the Most High but has allowed Satan to take over rulership of the world for a set amount of time. Why else do you think the world is in such a mess? You think Jehovah rules this way? Satan is fast losing his challenge.
Q: Is this belief a logical and productive way in which to understand our world and our place in it?

PolytheistWitch
Student

Re: Is the Earth really ruled by Satan?

Post #21

Post by PolytheistWitch »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #18]
The Satan robot?
Your lack of understanding is not really my problem so you can go take your snark somewhere else.

PolytheistWitch
Student

Post #22

[Replying to Miles in post #20]
I think you get the idea, hell/sheol is indeed in the Old Testament
So it's a place without the god of Abraham it is not the hell of the New Testament and there is nothing about the hell that's listed in the New Testament that compares to sheol which is simply being in a place where God is not.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #23

Post by myth-one.com »

PolytheistWitch wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:03 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #18]
The Satan robot?
Your lack of understanding is not really my problem so you can go take your snark somewhere else.
PolytheistWitch wrote:And basically Satan can only do what the god of Abraham tells him.
"Snark" or not -- your "Satan" has no freedom to make any decisions, unless you hide those in the word "basically".

Sin is the transgression of the commandments of God.

Does the God of Abraham sometimes command Satan not to obey His commands?

PolytheistWitch
Student

Post #24

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #25

Post by myth-one.com »

PolytheistWitch wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:36 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #23]

Read the book.
You wrote a book?

Miles
Savant

Post #26

Post by Miles »

PolytheistWitch wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:04 am [Replying to Miles in post #20]
I think you get the idea, hell/sheol is indeed in the Old Testament
So it's a place without the god of Abraham it is not the hell of the New Testament and there is nothing about the hell that's listed in the New Testament that compares to sheol which is simply being in a place where God is not.
Obviously the experts, bible scholars and translators, think otherwise.

otseng
Savant

Post #27

Post by otseng »

PolytheistWitch wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:03 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #18]
The Satan robot?
Moderator Comment

Please are free to discuss idea, but making personal comments about others is not allowed.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

PolytheistWitch
Student

Post #28

[Replying to Miles in post #26]

Yes imagine Christian scholars saying that the Bible says something they want it to, go figure.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #29

Post by JehovahsWitness »

IS THE EARTH RULED BY SATAN?

Biblically we must distinguish between the planet EARTH (as in the mountains, valleys, seas, oceans....) and WORLD SYSTEM (humans, govenments, organisations and religions....). Satan is the ruler of this world; the planet earth remains the property of its maker Jehovah (YHWH) God, the Almighty.
EPHESIANS 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms
KOSMOS: In the Christian Greek Scriptures, the term “world” is a rendering of the Greek word koʹsmos. The basic meaning of this Greek word is “order” or “arrangement,” and it originally referred to “the process of getting various items to fit together, or to the result of such a process,” as one scholar expresses it. [ ... ] In all these cases, koʹsmos still retains its basic sense of “order” or “arrangement,” since the world of mankind reflects a certain structure, being composed of various cultures, tribes, nations, and economic systems.​—Re 7:9; 14:6. - Insight on the Scriptures Vol II p. 1206
That said, God has evidently temporarily allowed the mismanagement of his planet earth by Satan and his agents; He will call for an accounting all those that are ruining his beautiful planet.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RELATED POSTS
Why is Satan called "The God of this world"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 23#p901623

In what sense does Satan "rule the world"?
viewtopic.php?p=1068633#p1068633

Has God allowed Satan to act without any restaints?
viewtopic.php?p=1096974#p1096974
To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

ANGELS , DEMONS and ... SATAN THE DEVIL
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #30

Post by William »

[Replying to William in post #3]
Diogenes: The concept (and character) of 'Satan' is interesting and one that puzzles theologians. The OP assumes a strict monotheism, a lone creative God in the void of the universe. How would an anti-god, a force of evil intrude in a universe with an omnipotent God?

When I wrote the 1st post I pictured how I would react, how I would think if I was alone in the universe, alone for all eternity. That's where the 'Terror' of the title comes in. I think a lone God would almost welcome an adversary... anything but the terror of total and absolute solitude forever.

So the concept of an evil character, a rival god or force of evil is almost welcome. But this is problematic for monotheism.

Was God ever alone in the universe? Was Satan coexistent from the beginning? Were the angels?
Or did God create Satan? Did God create evil? If 'he' did, why? Does man have free will without Satan? Why would God knowingly introduce evil to the world, knowing the misery and agony of disease and cruelty? Or is God not God at all, but just one powerful force among many?

Christians have a variety of mythologies about this subject as well.

I think the character of Satan as portrayed by these mythologies was created by Christianity, as a failed attempt to use it to answer the "problem of evil" and in doing so, only made the problem more of one.

Christianity appears not to like the idea that Satan works for YHVH - something which Judaism had no problem in comprehending without this idea somehow staining the name/nature of YHVH.

To believe that powerful spiritual entities [Angels] were assigned to take care of the Earth, failed their duties, and were replaced by less powerful entities [humans] - likewise assigned with taking care of the Earth, only - having to do so with the burden of being ruled by the very Angels who failed to take care of the Earth in the first place - seems to be a very careless move on the part of YHVH and thus the mythology isn't helpful re the image of the nature of YHVH and is likely misinformation.

Satan is not YHVH's adversary. The common thread throughout the biblical storyline has it that Satan is Humanities adversary.

Those Bible quotes make it appear that there is a contest, conflict, or dispute going on between these two entities, which overall suggests that YHVH has Self-Doubt [which I myself do not think YHVH has ever had...] and Satan takes advantage of that, but admit that, if YHVH was a 'God in the making" then yes, self-doubt could accompany that process.