Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #871

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 870 by brianbbs67]

Care to comment on post #867?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #872

Post by brianbbs67 »

onewithhim wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: I am refering to ephesians 6, particularly 6:13 and the surrounding verses. Which call it an evil day.
I don't think that Ephesians 6:13 is referring to Armageddon (when all wicked people are destroyed). It is referring to a day on which Satan attacks a particular individual, and that individual must have on the "complete suit of armor from God" so that this person can withstand Satan's attack. It is something we all must be prepared for on a daily basis.
I agree with that. But, I think it applies in general to all tribulation from the Lord. I remember Exodus 32:14. "And God repented from the evil which He thought to do unto His people." So, would that not make Armagedan an evil day?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #873

Post by JehovahsWitness »

brianbbs67 wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: I am refering to ephesians 6, particularly 6:13 and the surrounding verses. Which call it an evil day.
I don't think that Ephesians 6:13 is referring to Armageddon (when all wicked people are destroyed). It is referring to a day on which Satan attacks a particular individual, and that individual must have on the "complete suit of armor from God" so that this person can withstand Satan's attack. It is something we all must be prepared for on a daily basis.
I agree with that. But, I think it applies in general to all tribulation from the Lord. I remember Exodus 32:14. "And God repented from the evil which He thought to do unto His people." So, would that not make Armagedan an evil day?

Do you think it will be a bad negative unjust thing for God to judge the wicked and exercise that judgment?
  • The bible speaks of God ridding the earth of "the wicked" meaning the incorrigibly wicked, those that will only cause harm for the righteous. Although killing people is not something God enjoys or wants to have to do, this action is necessary if the meek are to inherit the earth. It will be the time when all mankind will be judged and rewarded or punished accordingly : for the righteous (the sheep) it will be a moment of joy and for the wicked a moment of anguish.

So I suppose whether Harmageddon is described as an "evil" day depends on whether we are judged as "sheep" or "goats".

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #874

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Continued from post #873 by JehovahsWitness

QUESTION: Does the bible not speak of God creating evil (Isaiah 45:7; Ex 32:14)?

The Hebrew ra (translated by some translations as 'evil' in Isaiah 45:7, Ex 32:24 and other passages), has a broad meaning and can according to context mean

a) trouble or
b)calamity (as in punishment or grief for wrong). Strong's Dictionary shows that it is also rendered as "trouble, affliction and adversity (# 7451, TWOT #2191)

ISAIAH 45:7
  • make wel being and create calamity --NKJV, ESV
    bring prosperity and create disaster --NIV, NJB
Scofield Reference Bible Commentary makes the following statement
: " Heb. "ra" translated "sorrow," "wretchedness," "adversity," "afflictions," "calamities," but never translated sin. God created evil only in the sense that He made sorrow, wretchedness, etc., to be the sure fruits of sin. When referring to the Creator the word "evil" is not applicable.
CONCLUSION: The Hebrew word has enough scope for us to concluded that passages in the bible that speak of YHWH (Jehovah God) "creating evil" [RA] actually are not referring to God creating anything morally bad or decadent, but rather ensuring that sin results in its appropriate calamitous/disastreous outcome.

ISAIAH 45:7
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/45-7.htm

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Contemporary English Version
I create light and darkness, happiness and sorrow. I, the LORD, do all this.
EXODUS 32:24
http://biblehub.com/exodus/32-14.htm
New Living Translation
So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.

New American Standard Bible
So the LORD changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people.

International Standard Version
So the LORD changed his mind about the calamity he had said he would bring on his people.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
So the LORD reconsidered his threat to destroy his people.

FURTHER READING: Why does God permit evil and suffering?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/book ... suffering/

RELATED POSTS
Why does God permit suffering?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 77#p381277

Does the bible not speak of God creating evil (Isaiah 45:7; Ex 32:14)?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 07#p906407

Did God create the DEVIL?
viewtopic.php?p=359210#p359210
To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, "BAD" GOD and ...THE DIVINE PERSONALITY
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Monta
Guru

Post #875

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 874 by JehovahsWitness]

"QUESTION: Does the bible not speak of God creating evil (Isaiah 45:7; Ex 32:14)?"

As nothing can exist without God, it appears to human reasoning
that God creates evil. Even today we question why did God allow killings, why did he allow earthquake which killed people not thinking things happen according to the laws of nature. We can forgive the ancients for they did not know or understand these laws.

Thinking spiritually, we know God is all good. Bible says God is love.
Love can not create evil or do evil. Evil is perversion of good.
This is all confirmed by the teachings of Jesus and the Apostols.

showme
Sage

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #876

Post by showme »

showme
Sage

Post #877

Post by showme »

onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

Mt 5:5 states the "gentle" shall "inherit the earth". It doesn't say the "gentle" will not die. nor does it describe the condition of the earth. As for Psalm 37:9-11, it simply says the "wicked" will "not be there". As for Psalm 37:29-36, it is simply that the Righteous, are those with the "Law of God is in his heart", whereas the "wicked" "who seeks to kill him (the righteous)" was "no more".

You might want to fill in your quotes. It may help in keeping you from twisting what was actually written.

It is the message of the "serpent" (Genesis 3:4), and the false prophet Paul, that says you surely shall not die. It is the message of God (Jeremiah 31:30), which states you surely shall die for your own iniquity.

showme
Sage

Post #878

Post by showme »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
onewithhim wrote:

Do you think it will be a bad negative unjust thing for God to judge the wicked and exercise that judgment?
  • The bible speaks of God ridding the earth of "the wicked" meaning the incorrigibly wicked, those that will only cause harm for the righteous. Although killing people is not something God enjoys or wants to have to do, this action is necessary if the meek are to inherit the earth. It will be the time when all mankind will be judged and rewarded or punished accordingly : for the righteous (the sheep) it will be a moment of joy and for the wicked a moment of anguish.

So I suppose whether Harmageddon is described as an "evil" day depends on whether we are judged as "sheep" or "goats".

JW
Let us be perfectly clear. You as a JW count yourself among the “righteous�, such as being the “elect� and the “meek�, and you will have a moment of “joy�. Wrong!! The “great tribulation� will have to be “cut short� for the “elect� less no person would be saved (Matthew 24:22). And as the JWs are also daughters of Babylon, they also receive the “plagues� of the daughter of Babylon (Revelation 18:4). As followers of the false prophet Paul’s gospel of grace/cross, they also have the “mark of the beast�, and will have to drink the wine of the wrath of God. No, I think your “covenant with death� (Isaiah 28:18) will not protect you from death or the coming refining fire. You will either come out of the fire “refined� or you will not come out at all (Zechariah 13:8-9). Keep in mind that Paul was just one of the two horns like a lamb, the other was Peter. The other "daughters of Babylon" have just as much to worry about. That would include the pope (Isaiah 22:25).

As with your traditional slaughter house, the “goats� lead the sheep to the slaughter. The leaders/elders will be the first to meet the “executioners� of (Ezekiel 9:1-6) With the JWs, the leaders are those who lead the sheep.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #879

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
The tribulation spoken of in Ephesians 6 does not come from God. It is from Satan. We can withstand tribulation by "putting on the armor of God." How can you say that the tribulation comes FROM God?

When the Scripture says that God "repented from the evil" the word "evil" must be examined. Some Bible versions use words akin to "inconvenience" or "discomfort" that would be experienced by the people. The people who acted wickedly would experience any action by God to protect the innocent ones as unpleasant and downright terrible and appalling. This is what is meant by God doing "evil." But it's not "evil" to the innocent people that God wants to protect and save out of the wicked people's hands.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #880

Post by onewithhim »

showme wrote:
onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

Mt 5:5 states the "gentle" shall "inherit the earth". It doesn't say the "gentle" will not die. nor does it describe the condition of the earth. As for Psalm 37:9-11, it simply says the "wicked" will "not be there". As for Psalm 37:29-36, it is simply that the Righteous, are those with the "Law of God is in his heart", whereas the "wicked" "who seeks to kill him (the righteous)" was "no more".

You might want to fill in your quotes. It may help in keeping you from twisting what was actually written.

It is the message of the "serpent" (Genesis 3:4), and the false prophet Paul, that says you surely shall not die. It is the message of God (Jeremiah 31:30), which states you surely shall die for your own iniquity.
It looks like YOU are twisting the meanings of the verses. You addressed part of Psalm 37:9-11 but left out "those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth," and "The meek will possess the earth and will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." Verse 29, which you failed to mention, says, "The righteous will possess the earth and they will live forever on it." Why did you overlook those sentiments? YOU need to "fill in" the Scriptures, and not leave out important thoughts.

The verses clearly refer to the time when evil people no longer exist, and this Christians refer to as Armageddon. After the evil people are gone, righteous people will be able to live on the earth in paradise conditions forever.