You Are No Longer You!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

You Are No Longer You!

Post #1

Post by POI »

If God selects you into His Kingdom of Heaven, you are no longer you. Why?

1) You will no longer sin in Heaven, as Heaven is a sinless environment. Hence, you must have a portion of your freewill stripped from you (in some capacity).
2) You will not mourn for any of your loved ones, which do not also make it into Heaven; as Heaven has no mourning, as it is Heaven after all.

Which begs a follow up question....

Whoever God chooses, He must change, in preparation for such a divine space/arena. Humans are deemed perpetual sinners. Thus, if God must change all, for whom He elects, why not just allow ALL into Heaven?
Last edited by POI on Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: You Are No Longer You!

Post #31

Post by JehovahsWitness »

POI wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:21 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:42 pm I'm sure you are familiar with the very elimentary notion that humans are imperfect because of the original sin and the effects of that will be removed one day thanks to the ransom sacrifice of Jesus. I see nothing interesting in discussing something everyone even a little bit familiar with Christianity can explain.
Kool. So you too now admit that you are no longer you, in Heaven, great --- (ala: your response above in bold). Thanks for playing.

Please do not attempt to bulldoze me, it will never work; at least for anyone that knows how to read.

If, however you would like to explain what you mean by "you are no longer you" I will tell you if that correponds to being a perfect human being ie being without [adamic/inherited] sin.

See above post #25 for details. LINK
viewtopic.php?p=1047609#p1047609

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

POI
Prodigy

Post #32

Post by POI »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:30 pm If, however you would like to explain what you mean by "you are no longer you" I will tell you if that correponds to being a perfect human being ie being without [adamic/inherited] sin.
Why do you wish to vet out this particular phrase so deeply? If you never sinned again, and you then never again mourned the loss of a loved one for which God sends to hell, you would 'no longer be you.' You are completely changed. God says all will sin on earth. You possess empathy for the suffering here on earth. You no longer sin, and you no longer mourn. You are now the opposite. If your closest loved one was known to be in hell, and you are nothing but blissful here on earth, you might be classified as uncaring. But apparently, when you are in Heaven, and if nothing but bliss prevails, mourning would not be possible. Are you uncaring here on earth? I doubt it. It's really not that deep.

Without further ado.... Why not just allow all into Heaven, since He is going to remove all sin anyways?

BTW, the Bible already expressed we cannot be without sin, here on earth. But thanks anyways.

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #33

POI wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:51 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:30 pm If, however you would like to explain what you mean by "you are no longer you" I will tell you if that correponds to being a perfect human being ie being without [adamic/inherited] sin.
Why do you wish to vet out this particular phrase so deeply? If you never sinned again ... {snip: evasion}

I did not ask you'to define what *I* mean by freedom from adamic sin I asked you to define what YOU mean by "you are no longer you". Would you like to answer the question?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

brunumb
Savant

Post #34

Post by brunumb »

POI wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:51 pm If your closest loved one was known to be in hell, and you are nothing but blissful here on earth, you might be classified as uncaring.
Given the way Jehovah's Witnesses readily disfellowship even family members, I'm convinced they wouldn't give a toss about anyone ending up in hell as long as it wasn't them.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

POI
Prodigy

Post #35

Post by POI »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:45 pm
Why do you wish to vet out this particular phrase so deeply? If you never sinned again ... {snip: evasion}

I did not ask you'to define what *I* mean by freedom from adamic sin I asked you to define what YOU mean by "you are no longer you". Would you like to answer the question?
Seems as though I already called it, back at the top of post #11. You skip many points. First and foremost, I've already addressed (your) questions, more than once. Please re-read what I have written, as it is not my job to keep repeating information, for which you do not appear to fully grasp yet? But regardless, you already admitted, in post #29, "original sin and the effects of that will be removed." Hence, you have addressed my basic question, regarding what needs to change, finally. The necessary change, for which will occur, is that God will remove sin. So rather than moving backwards, can you finally answer my OP question, at the bottom? Or, are you going to ignore it, yet again...?

Since sin is removed, why does God not allow all into Heaven?

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #36

Post by TRANSPONDER »

POI wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:27 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:45 pm

Seems as though I already called it, back at the top of post #11. You skip many points. First and foremost, I've already addressed (your) questions, more than once. Please re-read what I have written, as it is not my job to keep repeating information, for which you do not appear to fully grasp yet? But regardless, you already admitted, in post #29, "original sin and the effects of that will be removed." Hence, you have addressed my basic question, regarding what needs to change, finally. The necessary change, for which will occur, is that God will remove sin. So rather than moving backwards, can you finally answer my OP question, at the bottom? Or, are you going to ignore it, yet again...?

Since sin is removed, why does God not allow all into Heaven?
JW certainly appears to change the point to something unrelated. The point about having to burn away all sin leaves one with so little of what made them human and themselves that they effectively become a mindless soul -bubble is nothing to do whether that makes one a perfect human being without Adamic sin.

The process by definition has to burn away all that Adamic sin so that one becomes perfect, not just to make one fit to enter heaven but so one can exist there eternally without being bothered that the most of your fellows are burning eternally.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #37

POI wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:27 am Since sin is removed, why does God not allow all into Heaven?
Did you not see my earlier answer to this question?
viewtopic.php?p=1047624#p1047624

FURTHER READING What is God's Kingdom?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/book ... s-kingdom/

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN , THE 144, 000 and ... THE MILLENIUM

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #38

Post by TRANSPONDER »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:04 am
POI wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:27 am Since sin is removed, why does God not allow all into Heaven?
Did you not see my earlier answer to this question?

I had a look at that, but it doesn't really answer the question. It talks of the conditions of being allowed into heaven, a particular number selected for some purpose or another and implies that there is no guarantee for anyone else.

It doesn't answer the question of why not everyone? It is easy to say 'God wants it that way', but why, if humans can see a fairer way of a god that can do anything doing whatever is needed to get his creation into heaven, can't a god that presumably has the sort of morality along the lines of the morality He supposedly gave us, do better than that?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #39

POI wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:21 pm

Why not just allow ALL into Heaven?

Biblically, because he doesnt WANT everyone in heaven. Only select few (144,000) will be given the special privilege to rule as kings with Jesus, . If everyone ruled there would be nobody to rule OVER. God has destined humans to live for all eternity on this our planet earth enjoying it as our permanent home. Angels (spirits) were made to live with God in heaven but the bible says God has given the earth to "the sons of men" (humans).

RELATED POSTS

Do ALL good people go to heaven?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 15#p878615

Why doesn't everybody automatically go to heaven?

Why does God not allow everyone to go to heaven?
viewtopic.php?p=1047663#p1047663

WHY does God call some to heavenly life from the earth?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 97#p846997

Did the prophet Elijah die and go to heaven in a firey chariot?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 84#p946484
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #40

TRANSPONDER wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:38 am
JW certainly appears to change the point to something unrelated.
How is it "unrelated" to seek clarification on the terms used in the OP?

POI wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 pmIf God selects you into His Kingdom of Heaven, you are no longer you. ...
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:45 pm... I asked you to define what YOU mean by "you are no longer you". Would you like to answer the question?

Also see
viewtopic.php?p=1047609#p1047609
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.